• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are IT Contractors Paid Too Much

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are IT Contractors Paid Too Much

This was discussed yesterday night and I generally avoid discussing topics about money but it got me thinking

What other industry allows people to earn >£600 a day on a 12 month contract and with opportunities to work weekend as well.

I ask a genuine question because I ve been thinking how fortunate we all are.

What other industry allows this sort of salary to accrue and do you think contractors are paid too much

Clippy, I think that this proves you right.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
      This was discussed yesterday night and I generally avoid discussing topics about money but it got me thinking

What other industry allows people to earn >£600 a day on a 12 month contract and with opportunities to work weekend as well.

What other industry allows this sort of salary to accrue and do you think contractors are paid too much
      If you are not happy as a contractor in the UK, then, basically, b*gger off back to whatever hole you came from and allow us who are happy with the insecurities of being a contractor earn the money we do.

HTH

If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Doctors, Solicitors, Accountants, Footballers, Police Inspectors, Pilots, Brokers, Financial Managers, Air Traffic Controllers, Heating Engineers, Plumbers, Electricians

Need I go on...
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          Clippy, I think that this proves you right.
          Right about what?

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
            If you are not happy as a contractor in the UK, then, basically, b*gger off back to whatever hole you came from and allow us who are happy with the insecurities of being a contractor earn the money we do.

HTH

What a strange creature you are - This is a discussion forum - When did i say I was not happy.

I asked for peoples view - Go back to Mummy and cry

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Doctors, Solicitors, Accountants, Footballers, Police Inspectors, Pilots, Brokers, Financial Managers, Air Traffic Controllers, Heating Engineers, Plumbers, Electricians

Need I go on...
              Footballers yes - But Air Traffic Controllers earning 160K and able to regulate their income using a LTD

Honestly I do nt think you mean this

Comment

Footballers yes - But Air Traffic Controllers earning 160K and able to regulate their income using a LTD

Honestly I do nt think you mean this
                Look it up.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

How Wayne Rooney could score multi-million pound tax cut – Telegraph Blogs

Comment

Right about what?
                    You being a pain in the arse, joey.

Comment

Working...
                    X