• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ohhh.. Vodafone shops picketed by the great unwashed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ohhh.. Vodafone shops picketed by the great unwashed

Campaigners claiming Vodafone has been let off an unpaid tax bill of £6bn have blockaded several shops.

Campaigner Ed Brompton said: "This money - £6bn - could be spent on schools, housing and hospitals."

whatever next..

Vodafone...tax dodging scum
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Vodafone have the right to seek to minimise their tax bill. But that doesn't mean that everyone is banned from criticising them for that.

If people feel strongly about it - and want to try to shame Vodafone, then as long as their protests are lawful, then that's just business.

Any large business is as much about PR as anything else. Vodafone will have to decide the best strategy overall - whether paying additional tax is more cost effective than the possible loss of custom.

Comment

Vodafone's UK ARPU (average revenue per user) was £37.90 last year per customer per month, this means around £454.80 per month - if they paid £6 bln in tax they'd need 13 mln more UK customers in the UK to make same amount.

Source: Vodafone UK reports profits dive as consumers rein in spending | Mobile news

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Vodafone's UK ARPU (average revenue per user) was £37.90 last year per customer per month, this means around £454.80 per month
        Do they only have 12 customers?
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Vodafone's UK ARPU...
          I think the tax bill relates to non UK earnings anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
            I think the tax bill relates to non UK earnings anyway...
            Its all to do with foreign asset acquisitions, so not earnings as such.
            However, the transactions are being channelled through offshore tax-havens for purpose of tax avoidance.

HMRC have gone soft on Voda by reducing the bill from £6bn to £1.25bn
            The Indians however have recently demanded £1.6bn within 30 days for a purchase of indian owned telco assets.

Don't know why I'm writing this, its all in the article if anyone can be bothered to read it.

Comment

Oh, and voda are definitely scum as the OP points out.

They now charge all customers £1.50 per month for paper bills/invoices that I require for my business records.

Charging for invoices is just unheard of. Imagine charging your clientco for invoices....

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                Oh, and voda are definitely scum as the OP points out.

They now charge all customers £1.50 per month for paper bills/invoices that I require for my business records.

Charging for invoices is just unheard of. Imagine charging your clientco for invoices....
                All mobile phone companies are scum though aren't they?

Comment

Working...
                X