• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mediocre Monday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mediocre Monday

Since both my Happy Monday thread failed and my miserable Monday attempt also failed, with another negative reputation hit, maybe this is more in keeping with the mood.

MONDAY. LIKE, MEH.

The weather's just getting greyer. Like what's left of my hair.

The economy's not going anywhere. But then, nor am I.

The changing of the clocks was the highlight of the weekend.

Feel a bit, you know, can't be arsed but going to. Would take a sickie but need the money.

Another week of faffing and putting up with and getting on with.

Whatever.

Could have a bacon roll, but it probably won't be worth it.

Still, it could be worse. I suppose. Don't wanna think about it, really.

This cold makes my finger joints a bit stiff. Never mind. It won't matter when we're all dead.

Oh well. Better get on with it. 'Cos no other bugger will.

<sigh>

First of the month. I suppose that means I ought to change my password. And cock up my roaming profile. Again.

Sod it. I'll log on to CUK and somebody's day for them. That'll cheer me up.

It usually does.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

My first Monday down under has just finished. Twas definitely a mediocre affair - the users I was supposed to be training either weren't there or were in meetings. Just as well as I could barely focus due to tiredness, let alone string a meaningful sentence together. Peeing down with rain out there. Not living up to expectations so far, although I did spot the Sydney Harbour bridge in the distance.

House I'm renting is nice, although there is a spotlight in the bedroom that I can't turn off. Letting agent not answering the phone. Good job I kept the eye mask thing from the 'plane.

Killing time before conf call with UK, then fried egg sandwich (about all the corner shop could turn up) and bed.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
      House I'm renting is nice, although there is a spotlight in the bedroom that I can't turn off. Letting agent not answering the phone. Good job I kept the eye mask thing from the 'plane.
      I'd have probably ripped the spotlight out on the first night. But it does remind me of a pad I rented which had an ensuite bathroom. The fan worked either permanently on or on for a long delay after you had turned the light out, so you couldn't tell immediately where it was at. It took me a good week to fathom that.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

A mediocre morning to you all! I'm sitting in a mediocre train feeling moderately hungry, but as there's no catering I'll have to wait until I reach the Hague (Europe's most mediocre capital city) and then go to a mediocre cafe and have a bite to eat.

Things to look forward to today;
        - grey overcast weather
        - mediocre coffee
        - meetings with users about test cases
        - meeting with sys admin about test environment
        - mediocre CUK
        - laptop battery about to die

Not very exciting.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Even this thread has a mediocre tag. "bedwetter2". Very poor attempt, very poor.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
            I'd have probably ripped the spotlight out on the first night. But it does remind me of a pad I rented which had an ensuite bathroom. The fan worked either permanently on or on for a long delay after you had turned the light out, so you couldn't tell immediately where it was at. It took me a good week to fathom that.
            I tried bashing it with a shoe. It's recessed, so not apparent how to get the bulb out. It's one of a pair that seem to be remote controlled - the other goes off, but this one doesn't. Will get agent onto it tomorrow.

Comment

I tried bashing it with a shoe. It's recessed, so not apparent how to get the bulb out. It's one of a pair that seem to be remote controlled - the other goes off, but this one doesn't. Will get agent onto it tomorrow.
              And it's over the bed? Uh-hu.

What was the letting agent's web address? Was it www.camgirlflats.com NSFW ?

Comment

Well it is grey here today as well...but we have a Rockabilly gig lined up for next week, so there's the excitement of learning some new stuff.

Like this rather interesting instrumental from the Ventures:

YouTube - The.Ventures - Bumble Bee Twist (live in Japan 1966)

I really am tempted to go the whole hog and put together a Ventures cover band.

The Ventures are just flipping great:

I'm alright Jack

Comment

My first Monday down under has just finished. Twas definitely a mediocre affair - the users I was supposed to be training either weren't there or were in meetings. Just as well as I could barely focus due to tiredness, let alone string a meaningful sentence together. Peeing down with rain out there. Not living up to expectations so far, although I did spot the Sydney Harbour bridge in the distance.

Killing time before conf call with UK, then fried egg sandwich (about all the corner shop could turn up) and bed.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz
                  How long are you down under for?
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    A mediocre morning to you all! I'm sitting in a mediocre train feeling moderately hungry, but as there's no catering I'll have to wait until I reach the Hague (Europe's most mediocre capital city) and then go to a mediocre cafe and have a bite to eat.

Things to look forward to today;
                    - grey overcast weather
                    - mediocre coffee
                    - meetings with users about test cases
                    - meeting with sys admin about test environment
                    - mediocre CUK
                    - laptop battery about to die

Not very exciting.
                    I liked the Hague when I worked there, I could stay on the tram after work and have a cocktail on the beach at sunset fab.

Ok not the time of year for it currently.
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                    X