• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Restaurant Rip-Off!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restaurant Rip-Off!

Lady Tester and I were rather hungry yesterday evening, after a day of sporting activities. So off we went to our favourite local restaurant and had a 4 course meal, whereas we´d usually be satisfied with 3 courses. Lo and behold, the bill at the end was about 20 euros more than we usually pay. How can these restaurant owners exploit people with a large appetite in such a disgraceful manner?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Lady Tester and I were rather hungry yesterday evening, after a day of sporting activities. So off we went to our favourite local restaurant and had a 4 course meal, whereas we´d usually be satisfied with 3 courses. Lo and behold, the bill at the end was about 20 euros more than we usually pay. How can these restaurant owners exploit people with a large appetite in such a disgraceful manner?
    Don't come to Zurich, it's cheaper to eat the money than go to a restaurant.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

What would have been bad if you started choking on your veal and they stood there letting you choke until you added an 80 pound tip.

Comment

Quite easily! Captive Audience.

You could have questioned the bill?

If you are regulars then they really shouldn't take the p!ss.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Presumably the 20 euros was to cover the extra course - you said you normally have 3 courses.

Or is that too obvious?

Comment

Originally posted by ee61re View Post
            Presumably the 20 euros was to cover the extra course - you said you normally have 3 courses.

Or is that too obvious?
            Sorry, I was being sarky. See this story;
            http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1220805
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
            X