• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has Spooks jumped the Shark?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Spooks jumped the Shark?

I must say tonight's episode was pretty good, and the latest series has been holding up well on the whole.

But the plot is taking a serious lurch toward the surreal, sort of turning in on itself, and the one episode left of this series will obviously centre on Lucas North.

(Glad to hear they start filming Series 10 next Feb )
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

I'm still wondering if Ruth and Harry will get it together eventually, and wander off arm in arm into the sunset.

Comment

Didn't bother to watch it last night and I can't be arsed to view it on iPlayer either. I only watched the previous episodes 'coz I like the new girlie.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Just watched last nights episode now

I quite liked Lucas.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

He's off to be an SAS solider (again), then a dwarf next year, so it was inevitable he would be leaving

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
            He's off to be an SAS solider (again), then a dwarf next year, so it was inevitable he would be leaving
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Those Russkies (the woman and her son) are up to no good, mark my words - I don't reckon it is the CIA guy after all.

P.S. I'm gutted that this is the final series

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                I'm wondering if they realise that they're playing host to The Borg Queen in this series.

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
                I can see the Belfast MI5 building from my office window and I've not seen anyone like that walking in or out.

She must have some sort of cloaking device, a raincoat possibly. She'll bloody well need it over here!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Thankfully there's only 2 eps to go.

I watched last night's whilst browsing the Machine Mart catalogue.

Yeah, it seemed a filler episode.

More mad muslims with suicidal tendencies, and only two MI5 field operatives in the whole of London to thwart their plan. Getting a bit cliched even for Spooks.

I expect the ruskies are playing MI5 to get the brits and yanks at each others throats, or is that too predictable.

On a brighter note, that new MI5 lass is pretty tasty. Even if she conforms to the spec of MI5 main operatives either being posh Londoners or foreigners.

So to sum it up:
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    I can see the Belfast MI5 building from my office window and I've not seen anyone like that walking in or out.

The real entrance is probably via a shed in someone's back yard.

Otherwise tracking MI5 staff would be a tad too easy. Just tail them home from the office.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X