• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good Lord!! Can this be true?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Lord!! Can this be true?

WOMAN LEADS CHURCH BOYCOTT IN ROW OVER
    EVANGELICAL PIG-SNORTING

A WOMAN has walked out of her church and is holding services in her living
    room, because she says she cannot bring herself to "snort like a pig and bark
    like a dog" on a Church of England course. Angie Golding, 50, claims she
    was denied confirmation unless she signed up for the Alpha course, which she
    says is a "brainwashing" exercise where participants speak in tongues, make
    animal noises and then fall over
    I think we should be told!!

Oink oink!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

And that is different and no less dumbfounding than most other religions in what way? Oink.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      And that is different and no less dumbfounding than most other religions in what way? Oink.
      Good point..............MOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

So oinking like a pig qualifies as brainwashing? Well I never...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          So oinking like a pig qualifies as brainwashing? Well I never...
          And there's you been doing it for years without even realising.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            I think we should be told!!

Oink oink!!

As someone who has experienced this, I sympathise. I would think holding your own services in your living room is not necessarily the answer as there are plenty of more traditional churches around who could use the numbers.

I know Doogie will comment, and I genuinely look forward to his input, as a Christian he will probably have come across this also.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I never met anyone who made animal noises (in a spiritual context).

I can't remember precisely what Alpha teaches on speaking in tongues but the New Testament is pretty clear that Christianity involves a lot of supernatural stuff, which doesn't really tie in with "be nice to people" CofE.

SY01, if you've a real story to share please do, I have experienced this from both sides but now it's like a parent trying to relate to teenagers.

SB, don't you have better things to do than start wind-up threads? Have you been hurt by those professing faith in the past, that causes you to keep goading me?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                SB, don't you have better things to do than start wind-up threads? Have you been hurt by those professing faith in the past, that causes you to keep goading me?

goating

P.S. As in "goat" the animal ...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

goating

P.S. As in "goat" the animal ...
                  I've only ever heard of a goat you put on.

Comment

Indeed. But it always gets called brainwashing if Scientology does it.

Actually that Alpha course sounds like more fun than I thought.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X