• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it coz we're black?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it coz we're black?

Project manager asked me and my sidekick to come in at the weekend. I suggested some other guy come in as well. To which he laughed.

I put on a serious face "Oh, laugh will you? You ask me and Mohammed to come in at the weekend and that's acceptable, yet a request for this other guy is funny. Is it coz we're black?"

PM nearly had a heart attack on the spot.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Originally posted by threaded
    Project manager asked me and my sidekick to come in at the weekend. I suggested some other guy come in as well. To which he laughed.

I put on a serious face "Oh, laugh will you? You ask me and Mohammed to come in at the weekend and that's acceptable, yet a request for this other guy is funny. Is it coz we're black?"

PM nearly had a heart attack on the spot.
    he he. That's the first genuinely funny thing you've posted.

PS. The correct phrase is "Is it cos we is black?".
    Last edited by sasguru; 10 February 2006, 11:10.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Just nipped out of a strategy meeting with a big client to get a couple of code monkeys in at the weekend. Got a bit of lip from one of the chimps, who is a grubby geekboy, and seems to grunt rather than use English. Still I played along and left them to their mutual self-pleasuring.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky
        Just nipped out of a strategy meeting with a big client ...
        That's right Knobjockey. Without dreams we are nothing. Now get back to coding.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
          That's right Knobjockey. Without dreams we are nothing. Now get back to coding.
          Even with dreams he's nothing. Except a bit damp.

Comment

McDonalds

I was walking past Maccy D's earlier when I saw the shift manager, a tall weasly typed chap talking to a fat donut looking geek and his indian friend. They all laughed when the chubby one said something and they all walked off with the shift manager grimacing.

A guy behind the counter gave the fat one a w-nker sign.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Later, whilst between client sites I spotted the two gimps in Micky Dees grabbing a sly grease burger. I went inside and made light of the chimps tea party when some oik strolled by the front window. He stopped, opened his raincoat and flashed his rather small genetalia to all the customers. The guy behind the counter rushed outside and gave him satisfaction which just goes to prove the customer is always right.
              Last edited by Jabberwocky; 10 February 2006, 13:02.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                he he. That's the first genuinely funny thing you've posted.

PS. The correct phrase is "Is it cos we is black?".
                The correct phase is 'is it because we're black.' No all black people talk like Ali G (who's white and jewish) you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                  The correct phase is 'is it because we're black.' No all black people talk like Ali G (who's white and jewish) you know.

You forgot to say "innit".

Comment

ROFLMFAO

One of the Directors just came into my broom cupboard and told me the other guy was working this weekend, but me and Mohammed don't need to.

Oops, do you think it was somat I said?
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X