PDA

View Full Version : Success

original PM
2nd November 2010, 08:33
Well there we go another succesful project completed.

This one was three years in the making!!

Beers are on me!

:cool:

SupremeSpod
2nd November 2010, 08:38

Beers are on me!

Well done mate.

We're demo-ing to the customer this morning.

7 years and £400 million later...

alreadypacked
2nd November 2010, 08:39

Beers are on me!

Congrats

What was the original delivery date :ind

original PM
2nd November 2010, 08:45
Congrats

What was the original delivery date :ind

Believe it or not it was Jan 2011 - oh and it was also under budget and erm actually we were able to include some extra functionality which was on the wish list.

So I guess the initial project scope, budget and timescales must have been rubbish then

:laugh

alreadypacked
2nd November 2010, 08:51
Believe it or not it was Jan 2011 - oh and it was also under budget and erm actually we were able to include some extra functionality which was on the wish list.

So I guess the initial project scope, budget and timescales must have been rubbish then

When a project is longer that two years, it can be very difficult to be more accurate.

"You have all done very well"

norrahe
2nd November 2010, 10:23

Nice one! :yay:

DimPrawn
2nd November 2010, 10:40
We're demo-ing to the customer this morning.

7 years and £400 million later...

....and you've completed your 1000th meeting, written a couple of Word docs and began the initial splash screen.

I love public sector contracts.

sasguru
2nd November 2010, 10:42

Private sector sinecures are much more lucrative.

DimPrawn
2nd November 2010, 11:35

True, but most public sector IT projects run longer, so it's £500 per day * 4000 days invoiced, is not a bad sum of easy money.

GreenLabel
2nd November 2010, 11:37

True, but depends on which particular branch of the public sector you're in. That said, there are fewer carriages on the public sector gravy train these days than there used to be.

However, in terms of money invoiced measured against expected workload, public sector wins hands down.

SupremeSpod
2nd November 2010, 11:43
....and you've completed your 1000th meeting, written a couple of Word docs and began the initial splash screen.

They'd done all that sh!t with the original supplier. We're just here to dig them out of the mire.