• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Zombie Households

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zombie Households

So will the UK be full of Zombies?

Bank of England must use QE to buy 'bad mortgages', warns Fathom Consulting - Telegraph

I'm alright Jack

One of the comments:

I have a MBA in Economics and I can read a balance sheet. The average housing price is 5 times average earnings and the historical avaerage is 3 times. So we need a 40% write down. You add the consumer debts of 1.2 Trillion and commercial properties and the M & A activity. We know that that the top 10 banks have debts abroad of 460% of GDP. Over the next 3 years £1,000bn has to be repaid. Where is the money going to come from?
    Sounds bad for savers.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      One of the comments:

Sounds bad for savers.
      Surely an MBA is in 'Business Administration'? Economics would shirley be an MSc?

I smell bovine faeces.

Plus;

'I have a MBA in Economics and I can read a balance sheet.'

Yes, so can I; I also have a BSc in Geography and I can read a map!
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Surely an MBA is in 'Business Administration'? Economics would shirley be an MSc?

I smell bovine faeces.

Plus;

'I have a MBA in Economics and I can read a balance sheet.'

Yes, so can I; I also have a BSc in Geography and I can read a map!
        Economics a science? <spits>

Comment

Economics a science? <spits>
          Well that's another issue, but afaik if you study Economicwank you get an MSc, not an MBA.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Well that's another issue, but afaik if you study Economicwank you get an MSc, not an MBA.
            A bit of Googling suggests you can get an MBA or MSc in economics, with the latter form being drizzled in some dodgy ill conceived pseudo science.

Comment

A bit of Googling suggests you can get an MBA or MSc in economics, with the latter form being drizzled in some dodgy ill conceived pseudo science.
              Oh alright, that would make the former just a complete load of then?

Comment

Working...
              X