• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A test for all nationality-confused people like me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A test for all nationality-confused people like me

▷What nationality you really are? SelectSmart.com free Entertainment personality test, selector quiz, matching, choose, compare.

I have turned out to be a Japanese person with a bit of English and Polish traits in me.

Quite a revelation.

My #1 is: Japanese
    My #2 is: English
    My #3 is: Polish
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Originally posted by Francko View Post
    ▷What nationality you really are? SelectSmart.com free Entertainment personality test, selector quiz, matching, choose, compare.

I have turned out to be a Japanese person with a bit of English and Polish traits in me.

Quite a revelation.

My #1 is: Japanese
    My #2 is: English
    My #3 is: Polish
    <cough>
    'turning Japanese' is an English euphemism for---.. erm you know
    male self abuse
    <cough>

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

My 1,2,3 are German, Japanese and English with my actual nationality Irish coming in 10th
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I really don't care enough to answer all those questions.

Anyway, how can I be 'not sure' whether I know where Addis Abeba is?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The questions are stupid.

My nationality was also last on the list.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            how can I be 'not sure' whether I know where Addis Abeba is?
            There is awhole branch of philosophy hanging off that question. And it is fascinating stuff.

Stupid and ignorant people are more confident about their wrong answers than intelligent and well-informed people.

(You not even being sure whether you're not sure marks you out as extra clever and wise.)

The Open University did an excellent course on "In My Professional Judgement - exploring what that means" where they looked at how one can analyse one's own judgement. Also, it indirectly explains how super-confident feckwits make it to the top.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I'm a German
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                My 1,2,3 are German, Japanese and English with my actual nationality Irish coming in 10th
                Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                My nationality was also last on the list.
                Mine came out No.1 as American (I don't furkin think so!) and No.10 as English.

I hereby grant that poll an official shuffle rating of 3:

Heap of Wank™:
                Last edited by RichardCranium; 2 November 2010, 10:48.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                  There is awhole branch of philosophy hanging off that question. And it is fascinating stuff.

Stupid and ignorant people are more confident about their wrong answers than intelligent and well-informed people.

(You not even being sure whether you're not sure marks you out as extra clever and wise.)

The Open University did an excellent course on "In My Professional Judgement - exploring what that means" where they looked at how one can analyse one's own judgement. Also, it indirectly explains how super-confident feckwits make it to the top.
                  Well OK, I can't be absolutely 100% sure, but I've stopped in an aeroplane at Addis Abeba airport and when I was there it was in Ethiopia. Now then, the state of Ethiopia is of course a human construct, which may in future be known by some other name, as may the city of Addis Abeba, but the bricks, mortar, shabby airport and somewhat inadequate public hygiene system will remain in the same place, unless someone moves it all.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    Mine came out No.1 as American (I don't furkin think so!) and No.10 as English.

I hereby declare that poll an official

Heap of Wank
                    But for what you just said before and the fact that we are certain that the test was cr@p, doesn't it make us ignorant and stupid?
                    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
                    X