• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quilting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilting

I may have mentioned it before, but Mrs EO has been looking for a new hobby since she retired. She considered blogging, interweb design, petpals, etc etc.

She finally made her mind up, she wants to go full tilt into quilting. So we headed off to Bambers in Eccles on saturday and got her a sewing machine, material and patterns , plus all the peripherals. She started to make a shoulder bag on sunday am, as a dry run, and she finished it yesterday.

Now I am no expert on sewing or bags, but blooming heck, it looks brilliant

She has now asked me if I will design one for her, being a bit creative like. Got some neat ideas already, I think I am going to like this new hobby of hers

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I may have mentioned it before, but Mrs EO has been looking for a new hobby since she retired.
    Cue the Urban Dictionary:

A group of people, usually ages 17-49 that group together and use Quilting as an excuse to practice different variations of Oral, Anal and Vaginal sex with members of not only the opposite sex and same ethnic background but with the same gender and different ethnic backgrounds. The use of various drugs and alcohol also are usually if not always consumed in the process.

She finally made her mind up, she wants to go full tilt into quilting.I think I am going to like this new hobby of hers
    You mucky bugger!
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      Cue the Urban Dictionary:

A group of people, usually ages 17-49 that group together and use Quilting as an excuse to practice different variations of Oral, Anal and Vaginal sex with members of not only the opposite sex and same ethnic background but with the same gender and different ethnic backgrounds. The use of various drugs and alcohol also are usually if not always consumed in the process.

You mucky bugger!

right thats it.

I'm never going to be sensible on CUK ever again.

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)

Comment

Couldn't she make something useful like a boat?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Couldn't she make something useful like a boat?

I asked her that, obviously.
          she cross-stiched my ear to my forehead, and stuck two 1" grommets up my nostrils

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

I asked her that, obviously.
            she cross-stiched my ear to my forehead, and stuck two 1" grommets up my nostrils

That would probably be a no then. At least with quilting you won't have to wear any of it? Nice as it is...

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              That would probably be a no then. At least with quilting you won't have to wear any of it? Nice as it is...
              don't speak too soon....

How to Make a Crazy Quilt Coat from Odds and Ends: 9 steps - wikiHow

this isn't quilting, people must be desperate for friends if they have to invite a slinky to their wedding...

Last edited by Boudica; 2 November 2010, 11:44.

Comment

Working...
              X