• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Harshly scored intelligence test

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harshly scored intelligence test

For once an IQ test that doesn't give you a score of uber genius. In fact getting above average may be quite hard. Especially on that one with the squares that you have to remember. Memory tests more like. And watch out for the wording of the coloured words test, I didn't and had to work it out as I went along, and I ended up in the "upper" 90% or something of the population (despite the harsh scoring, they do try and break it to you gently )

Cambridge Brain Sciences

I gather these tests can be done one at a time, rather than all in one go if you don't have a contiguous half an hour. I put in a bogus email address, but maybe they send you your score if you do type a real one in.

I always like to do these before and after 4 pints of beer.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I hit the "Start Tests" button and my Flash blocker dealt with the next screen. Guess they're not that smart if they have to rely on a plugin to put a few numbered boxes on the screen and hide them after a couple of seconds.

Comment

Those were fun!
        for the record, it appears I am RUBBISH at mentally rotating things. If you want something mentally rotated, don't come to me.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
          Those were fun!
          for the record, it appears I am RUBBISH at mentally rotating things. If you want something mentally rotated, don't come to me.
          What about the one with the squares that you have to remember the order they flash? The ones where the squares are not numbered. I'm rubbish at that, about 5 was my maximum, which is still in the stupidly easy setting

Comment

The flashing squares was my second best, @top 4.8%.

Another tip - don't have a crap keyboard for the numbers-typing one. (or, to be more honest, crap fingers)

Comment

ARGH! That was HARD!

I got slightly above average on most, except the which group of shapes was the odd one out where I did terrible (top 90% ), and the overlapping shapes one which I aced and got top 4% or something. What does this all mean???!

I like the explanation on the results of the first question saying that chimps outperform humans at that one.
              It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Chimps are also better than people at instinctively knowing how many things there are without counting them:
                e.g. if you dropped 3 coins on a table in front of a person, he'd know there were 3 without counting them. But if you dropped 5 he'd probably have to count them to make sure there weren't really 6. Chimps can do it with 7 or 8.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  maybe they send you your score if you do type a real one in.
                  Not so far. Possibly MI6 asks you along for a job interview if you're dead good.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                    The flashing squares was my second best, @top 4.8%.

Another tip - don't have a crap keyboard for the numbers-typing one. (or, to be more honest, crap fingers)
                    I fluked a 9 digit number on that one. About 6 is my real maximum.

Did about 5 on the flashing squares (without numbers) and much better on the one with numbers.

Comment

Working...
                    X