• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tips for green living

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips for green living

Thanks to the guardian for this tip for reducing your carbon footprint.

Could you give up washing? | Environment | The Guardian

Let's face it if we want to reduce CO2 to levels in the 19th century then we need start living like we did back then.

I seem to remember it was normal to have a bath once a year and then during the Winter you'd be sewn into your winter woolly underwear, which is going to be useful when they have to switch half of the power stations off in a few years time.

Any more tips anyone?
    I'm alright Jack

We could all hang our washing out on the stationary windmill blades?
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I gather you can wash using modest amounts of water, though the rag you use has to be burnt afterwards.

Not using the central heating will not only save on heating costs, but will kill head lice too

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
        We could all hang our washing out on the stationary windmill blades?
        But would the fuel needed for the cherry picker to reach the blades be carbon neutral?

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          But would the fuel needed for the cherry picker to reach the blades be carbon neutral?
          Don't need any fuel:

If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

The real news from America, as ever, is that over there they are even deeper in the bowels of the corporate machine than we are. I believe it is now considered weird over there not to shave or wax your pubes.
            I hope he (or she) is talking about women.

Comment

oh god no, shaved septics, the ones I know the very idea fills me with dread!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
              X