• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hoodies in the local (bedwetter thread)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoodies in the local (bedwetter thread)

Been sitting on this one for a couple of weeks, but now would welcome constructive comments.

Short version : There is a local down the road which I have been using all year. Made pub buddies, joined the pool team etc etc. About a month ago we were invaded by a group of 20 somethings (all in a gang). The first time I noticed them was a Friday night. I was playing darts with one of the old boys. They came in and were sooo loud they were asked to quiet down, by the barman, twice. As they did not quiet down I gave up playing darts and put my token down to play pool, with them. If you can't beat them, join them was the mentality.

I waited my turn, for around an hour and when my turn came up I took my chance to set up the balls. Then chaos. Among them they could not decide whose turn it was (this conundrum had occured in the previous games, which I had ignored, yet been frustrated at). They elected some random whose game it was, and said I would have to wait next game. I begrudgingly agreed. Then when the newly appointed new comer approached the table, they changed their minds again.

I lost it. I said something like "FFS lads, this is my fookin local not a youth club. Get this together, seriously".

I got one pimply lad offering to "take me outside and 'dust me'". I managed to placate him by agreeing to go outside, squaring up and suggesting we talked about it like adults. He accepted and an adequate outcome was reached. This as far as I was concerned was the end of the matter.

Two weeks passed. I was in the pub on Friday and they were there. This time they were dumping attitude around me, along with some female "spoon stirrers" to add good measure. I spoke with the lad I spoke to the previous week and questioned him on why things were being dragged up. He shrugged his shoulders and said in best (I'm white but I try to speak like I'm from the ghetto bollocks speak) "course it's all sorted bruv". He had previously been rolling a joint in full view of everyone at the bar like he owned the place.

Thinking this was all sorted I entered the pub one last time to be greeted with the female tulipstirrers all in full stir. At this point I decided to stop using the pub. Not fun any more.

Which means I can no longer play home games for the pub pool team (they do miss me as I am quite good).

Which depresses me even more, as it was a slightly younger version of this fookin dross that ruined my kids Halloween by stamping on out pumpkin and hurling a glass bottle at my wife and kids.

I do not accept that I am a victim, nor made myself one. I learned this evening that the tosser I was speaking to got himself barred for hurling a glass at someone. I take this as vindication for leaving when I did and making the choices that I did at the time.

In summary, if I was running a pub, and I had a happy settled group of regulars, if some dross scum ******* descended I would manage the situation better. I resent the fact that he has not, and now that he has been forced into barring these the penny may drop.

I thought the pub trade was dying, and regular trade should therefore be in some way looked after? The pub next door is now a Vets for example.

Rant over. Thanks for reading, if you got this far. If hoody scum attitude arse ******* invade your life please post / pm so we can swap war stories.

SY01 on the verge of a hissy fit.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

ps any comments from MF about how he would have kicked the tulip out of them single handed will result in me visiting Farnborough and making MF wish he was in a cage fight on the losing end.

HTH

Comment

Two words: legal firearms.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Two words: legal firearms.
        Firstly, no such thing. Secondly, I only want a quiet pint in me local FFS. I have a family to return to afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          I have a family to return to afterwards.
          You are correct - we'd miss you badly on here!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            You are correct - we'd miss you badly on here!
            Ha! The other week you we're calling for me to be banned! Perhaps my new brand of "Super bedwetter" threads have so amused you, that you have changed your mind.

My plans for world domination are in motion, mwahahahahaahahahaha (evil laugh)

Comment

Only in the UK ...

Been sitting on this one for a couple of weeks, but now would welcome constructive comments.

Short version : There is a local down the road which I have been using all year. Made pub buddies, joined the pool team etc etc. About a month ago we were invaded by a group of 20 somethings (all in a gang). The first time I noticed them was a Friday night. I was playing darts with one of the old boys. They came in and were sooo loud they were asked to quiet down, by the barman, twice. As they did not quiet down I gave up playing darts and put my token down to play pool, with them. If you can't beat them, join them was the mentality.

I waited my turn, for around an hour and when my turn came up I took my chance to set up the balls. Then chaos. Among them they could not decide whose turn it was (this conundrum had occured in the previous games, which I had ignored, yet been frustrated at). They elected some random whose game it was, and said I would have to wait next game. I begrudgingly agreed. Then when the newly appointed new comer approached the table, they changed their minds again.

I lost it. I said something like "FFS lads, this is my fookin local not a youth club. Get this together, seriously".

I got one pimply lad offering to "take me outside and 'dust me'". I managed to placate him by agreeing to go outside, squaring up and suggesting we talked about it like adults. He accepted and an adequate outcome was reached. This as far as I was concerned was the end of the matter.

Two weeks passed. I was in the pub on Friday and they were there. This time they were dumping attitude around me, along with some female "spoon stirrers" to add good measure. I spoke with the lad I spoke to the previous week and questioned him on why things were being dragged up. He shrugged his shoulders and said in best (I'm white but I try to speak like I'm from the ghetto bollocks speak) "course it's all sorted bruv". He had previously been rolling a joint in full view of everyone at the bar like he owned the place.

Thinking this was all sorted I entered the pub one last time to be greeted with the female tulipstirrers all in full stir. At this point I decided to stop using the pub. Not fun any more.

Which means I can no longer play home games for the pub pool team (they do miss me as I am quite good).

Which depresses me even more, as it was a slightly younger version of this fookin dross that ruined my kids Halloween by stamping on out pumpkin and hurling a glass bottle at my wife and kids.

I do not accept that I am a victim, nor made myself one. I learned this evening that the tosser I was speaking to got himself barred for hurling a glass at someone. I take this as vindication for leaving when I did and making the choices that I did at the time.

In summary, if I was running a pub, and I had a happy settled group of regulars, if some dross scum ******* descended I would manage the situation better. I resent the fact that he has not, and now that he has been forced into barring these the penny may drop.

I thought the pub trade was dying, and regular trade should therefore be in some way looked after? The pub next door is now a Vets for example.

Rant over. Thanks for reading, if you got this far. If hoody scum attitude arse ******* invade your life please post / pm so we can swap war stories.

SY01 on the verge of a hissy fit.
              Only in the UK do you get this sort of rubbish, I think.

Jeez, to think I was thinking about returning to settle there. .

What can you do? Nothing really, I think you did exactly the right thing. There would have been six of them on to you and nobody would have helped you I expect, especially in the London area (i'm assuming from the chav dialect you quoted its S/E England).

The only way you could have sorted this satisfactorily is if you had a gang of mates that would have backed you up. And you wouldn't want to be doing that sort of stuff at your age. Fair play to you for standing your turf.

Comment

You and the darts team could invade the local pool club / amusement arcade or wherever the kids normally hang.

Comment

It’s the Pub landlord’s problem innit; he should ban them.
                  You and the locals should dress up as hoodies.
                  Get the landlord to play old time or classic music
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

ps any comments from MF about how he would have kicked the tulip out of them single handed will result in me visiting Farnborough and making MF wish he was in a cage fight on the losing end.

HTH
                    Tut tut tut.

Over the years half of the arguments I got into in pubs where over the pool table(where I also played in teams for about 10 years).

I once walked away from a pub when it was obvious I would lose the resulting punchup with a group of 20 lads.

I tend to find that a number of funny/sarcastic comments works or the offer to play for a pint or a tenner normally gets them to pay attention to the task at hand.

BTW. I would have roundhoused the biggest one.

HTH

MF
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X