• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RipOff Britain....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RipOff Britain....

RipOff Britain...

booking a ferry with SeaFrance

call the UK booking number ---- message says calls charged at 10p per minute from BT landlines, calls from other networks at varying prices

ok put the phone down

call the French booking number ---- calls charged at standard network prices

before any smart arse tries to saying calling FR will be more expensive I'm using a cheap calling service so no it's not, so again, UK residents are getting ripped a good 'un

funny old world eh

Milan.

I use the SAYNOTO0870 site before considering dialling anything that is more than a normal call.

Comment

Bargain Britain

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      funny old world eh

Milan.
      How much is the pound worth compared to the euro these days?

0.00002312 ?

10p is probably not even eurocent

So I would say....

...Bargain Britain
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        I use the SAYNOTO0870 site before considering dialling anything that is more than a normal call.
        Very useful site.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          I still get annoyed by these 0870 numbers...didn't have them in Canada, pretty well everyone had a 800 number. Imagine paying to ring a company to give said company custom!
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

If I've got to ring an 0870 no., I ring from work - I mean ClientCo site.

Comment

Working...
            X