• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Issue with nosey permie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with nosey permie

Got a permie sitting behind me who is nothing to do with my project or even IT in any way.

Every time he gets up from his desk and walks past he stops and has a good long stare at my screen. I can actually feel him almost breathing down my neck and he makes no secret that he's doing it either. It's as if he's trying to keep me on my toes.

I don't know if he's trying to prove a point or he's just a tw@t but I'm tempted to turn around suddenly and 'accidentally' elbow him in the nuts.

What would you do in such a situation?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

2 options

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Got a permie sitting behind me who is nothing to do with my project or even IT in any way.

Every time he gets up from his desk and walks past he stops and has a good long stare at my screen. I can actually feel him almost breathing down my neck and he makes no secret that he's doing it either. It's as if he's trying to keep me on my toes.

I don't know if he's trying to prove a point or he's just a tw@t but I'm tempted to turn around suddenly and 'accidentally' elbow him in the nuts.

What would you do in such a situation?
    Buy a privacy screen.
    Report him to HR for harrassment.

Comment

Smile politely and ask him if everything's Ok - does he need your assistance with something?
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by BdP View Post
        Buy a privacy screen.
        Report him to HR for harrassment.
        Agreed. And say that he touched your front bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          Smile politely and ask him if everything's Ok - does he need your assistance with something?
          On reflection, this may be a better idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Agreed. And say that he touched your front bottom.
            Yeah, ignore mine. This is the way to go.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Have a clearly visible message on the screen,

F**K OFF YOU NOSEY C**T!
              YES YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                Have a clearly visible message on the screen,

F**K OFF YOU NOSEY C**T!
                YES YOU!

You could actually leave an official email open with a complaint to the HR department naming him with accusations of harassment, botty fondling and breathing sexily on the back of your neck.

That might frighten him off.

Or alternatively you could just lamp the hoon.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post

harassment, botty fondling and breathing sexily on the back of your neck.
                  Sounds like date night material to me.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Pull your eyes out and blue-tac them to the back of your head. If no blu-tac, hang them on your ears, but make sure they're looking at him. Works a treat.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X