• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hurrah! The MFDs are almost (but not quite) sorted.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurrah! The MFDs are almost (but not quite) sorted.

Or printer/photocopiers as they are also known.

Printed out 4 files & 3 of them came out.

Only had 15 sheets of greek writing for the first one.

This is a major achievement for IT, I'll have you know. .

And the the 4th one came out the 2nd time I tried to print it.

The scrap paper pile is only 6 inches thick now.

we had some put in about 6 months ago

never worked for me

so I went paperless and have not missed it you know....

Comment

It's a bit difficult going paperless when you're trying to make up a kit of parts for stuff.

However, a mere 5 attempts to get 4 printouts is a great achievement.

Now, if only someone can change the drum...

Comment

I have used scanner / printer / copier / fax devices too.

I know the 'M' stands for 'Mother' and I know what the 'F' stands for, but I've never worked out the 'D'.

Is it 'Devil'? 'Downtime'?
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Tedious update: now they've been working more or less reliably for two years, they're being taken out & replaced by a new lot.

Just as well I printed all my stuff out a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

I feel your pain.

When I installed some 5 years ago I set them up as mono except by invitation. Corp said why do you want to do that? 12 months later they said wow your printing costs are low.

When they took over the servers it took them 2 weeks to get 1 printer set up on the new server and only when I pointed out the printer firmware didn't support Postscript 6 so stop installing that driver PLEASE.

They replaced them last year (no longer my responsibility) and we can all print in colour, now print costs have trebled.

Sometimes progress is indistinguishable from regress.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I'd have to walk down the hill to print stuff off in colour.

Do they have a special pink cartridge?

Comment

oh no its super filtered here. PITA when they filter windows live completely, view the new M$ video on x technology her on 'Access Denied'.

We also do sweeps, don't have an MP3 on your drive otherwise you get an HR interview.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The new & improved B&W & Full Color(tm) MFDs have been installed.

Took me half an hour to associate my rfid card with the user name & password.

Since I'm not a two finger typist it was remarkably difficult.

Having eventually achieved that, the new & improved MFD can't see the fecking print queue.

Deep joy.

I feel like photocopying my arse & sending the copy to the eye tea dept.

Comment

Are these MFD cards with RFID readers set up to do pull printing? I was always pretty impressed with that. Printers at the current place are a nightmare, there's about 8 on each floor, you have to wander around finding the one that isn't currently in use and write down the asset number, hoping that by the time you get back to your desk to hit print someone hasn't sent a massive job to it in the meantime. Pull printing was far better.
                    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                    X