• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm moving to France!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm moving to France!!!!!!!

From rueters

PARIS (Reuters) - France's interior minister will submit a draft law this week that proposes a more selective immigration system, rewarding skilled and educated applicants and making it easier to expel unwanted foreign workers.

"We no longer want an immigration that is inflicted (on us) but an immigration that is chosen, this is the founding principle of the new immigration policy I advocate," Nicolas Sarkozy told Le Journal du Dimanche.

In an interview published on Sunday, he said: "The system of integration the French way no longer works."

At the end of November, France said it planned to tighten immigration controls in response to its worst urban rioting in almost 40 years.

The unrest, during which thousands of cars and some schools were burned, involved disaffected youths of various ethnic origins and white youths who complained of being excluded from mainstream French society.

Sarkozy will present the details of his draft law on immigration to an inter-ministry committee on Thursday.

Among other things, it calls for the creation of grading system for students and workers that gives rankings depending on the country of origin and the field of work and study.

SKILLED WORKERS

For example, Sarkozy said, a three-year residence permit will be given to highly-skilled foreign workers, "scientists, computer scientists, artists or those with a rare competence, to contribute to the economic dynamism of the country."

Students applying to study in a field in which there are not enough people will also be given priority.

Foreigners living in France 10 years without the right papers will no longer be given a residence permit automatically.

The draft law will also require that those granted a 10-year resident permit have to prove they are learning French and respecting the country's laws, such as those defending equality between men and women. "If a wife is kept hostage at home without learning French, the whole family will be asked to leave (the country)," Sarkozy said.

Finally, companies that employ foreign workers illegally will be forced to pay for their repatriation. "Those who work illegally in France are likely to be expelled," he said.

In 2004, there were 4.5 million immigrants aged over 18 living in France, or 9.6 percent of the population (compared to 8.9 percent in 1999.

How come they're the only people in europe who are prepared to put themselves first, they're much better for their own people than the verminous bocs we have in charge in this country.
    Last edited by Dundeegeorge; 10 February 2006, 13:02.
    Why not?

I would if I could speak Frog,
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Oh, don't be silly

Originally posted by sasguru
      I would if I could speak Frog,
      It's a piece of p*ss. FFS even the french can speak it so it must be easy......
      Why not?

Comment

Good on the frogs.

Perhaps Mssrs BLiar & Brownstuff are waiting for the streets of the UK to experience the worst rioting for 40 years before they do anything about the immigration policies of the UK.

Our "open door" policy hasnt worked and one day will come back to haunt the citizens of this country.

Comment

Coming up in Germany, big cut 'n' paste:

German naturalisation officials given list of questions to ask Muslim citizenship applicants in Baden -Wurtenberg

January 7, 2006

Questions to be asked of citizenship applicants in Baden - Wurtenberg by naturalisation officials

------------------------------------------------------------

1) The recognition of the free democratic laws of the Constitution of the Bundesrepublik of Deutschland encompasses the values which are set forth in the Constitution, which are the same in content as those in all of the States of the European Union.

The protection of human rights is one of the areas in which the State has exclusive jurisdiction over the use of aggression, which means that no person can use aggression against another ,and that only in emergency situations. The State itself can only use violence in the context of legally mandated enforcement of the law such as the equality of men and women.

Are these concepts compatible with your personal views?

2 )What is your opinion of the following statements?

Democracy is the worst form of government which we have, but the best which exists.' Humanity had never experienced such a dark phase as during democracy, but for man to free himself from democracy, he has to understand that democracy cannot give anything good to man."

3) In films, plays, and books, the religious feelings are sometimes insulted of those who have different religious beliefs. According to you which methods are acceptable for individuals to" use to fight against such religious insults and which not.

4 )How do you feel about criticism about your religion? Do you find this permissible? Could you discuss this?

5) In Germany political parties and organizations can be banned due to their stated opposition to the constitution and rule of law. Would you,in spite of such a ban, still support such a party and such an organization? Under what circumstances?

6) What do you think of the statement: That a wife must obey her husband and he can hit her if she does not obey him ?

7) Do you think it is permissible that a man shuts his wife and daughter into the house in order to prevent them from dishonoring him in public?

8) In Germany the police can intervene in a violent argument between a married couple, and in order to prevent further threats can send the aggressor out of the house for several days. What do you think about this?

9) Do you think It is progress that a men and women in Germany are equal under the law? In your opinion what should the country do when men do not accept this?

10) In Germany everyone can work in any profession according to their education. What do you think about this? Are you of the opinion that certain professions should only be reserved for men or women? If so, which and why?

11) According to your opinion which profession should not be engaged in by a woman under any circumstances and why ? Do you have difficulty with accepting a woman in a position of authority in certain jobs?

12) In Germany everyone can decide for themselves if they want to be treated by a female or a male doctor. In certain situations this choice is not available: Emergency, change of shift in the hospital. In such a case would you let yourself be treated or operated on by a female doctor (male citizenship candidate) or a male doctor (female citizenship candidate)?

13) People often hear that parents forbid their adult daughter to work in certain jobs or to marry a man of their choice, What are your personal views regarding this standpoint?

14) What would you do, when your daughter marries a man who has a different religion or wants to pursue a course of study in something you disapprove of ?

15) What is your opinion of parents who push their children into forced marriages? Do you believe that such marriages are compatible with human rights?

16) In Germany, sports and swimming lessons are part of the normal school curriculum. Would you allow your daughter to participate? If not, why not?) What is your stance on allowing school children to take part in school trips and overnight school vacations?

17) Your adult daughter/your wife would like to dress like other German girls and women . Would you attempt to prevent her from doing this? If so, with what methods?

18) For female citizenship candidates: Your adult daughter would very much like to dress like other girls and women too, but your husband is against it - What would you do?

19) Your daughter /sister comes home and says that she was sexually molested. What would you do as a father/mother/brother/ sister ?

20) Your son/brother comes home and says that he was insulted. What would you do as father/mother/brother/sister?

21) According to you does the Constitution permit one to change their religion, or to leave their present religious community, and to live without a religion or to take on another religion. What is your opinion, when a person is punished due to such a change of religions (for example with the loss of sucession )?

22) You learn that people in your neighborhood or from your friend or acquaintances is has perpetrated or is planning a terrorist attack. How do you react and what do?

Suggestions for the EEB (Individual Naturalisation Official) :The chairman of the Central Council of Muslims in Germany,Dr.Nadeem Elyas, had declared in the ZDF (broadcast) on 15/07/2005 after the attacks in London- that " cooperation between the security services is for Muslims an Islamic obligation and not betrayal"!

23) You have heard about the attacks on September 11, 2001 in New York and on March 11th 2004 in Madrid. In your eyes were the perpetrators terrorists or freedom fighters? Explain your viewpoint.

24) In the newspaper one sometimes reads about a case where a daughter or a wife is murdered because of "immoral lifestyle" in order to restore the family honor. How do you feel about such an act?

25) What do you think when a man in Germany is married to two women at the same time?

26) How do you judge, when a married man in Germany goes to his former hometown and marries a second time?

27) Some people say that Jews are responsible for all the evil in the world and even claim that they were behind the attacks of 2001 in New York? What is your view of such claims?

28) Your daughter applies for a position in Germany. She receives a letter that she was not accepted. You later learn that a black African from Somalia has gotten the position. How would you react?

29) Imagine this: Your adult son comes to you and declares that he is a homosexual. He says that he would like to live together with another man. How would you react?

30) In Germany several politicians have openly proclaimed that they are homosexual. What do you think about homosexuals in Germany holding public office?

Declaration of the Naturalisation Candidate,

My answers and explanations in regard to the questions which were asked correctly reflect and correspond to my own inner convictions. I had no difficulty understanding the questions. In the case where I did not understand, they were explained to me so that I could understand them all. I was made completely aware, that any false declarations would be considered as fraud against the citizenship officals, and could lead, even after several years, to the revocation of my citizenship even in the case where that would render me stateless.

Place, Date, Signature ,
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

"In 2004, there were 4.5 million immigrants aged over 18 living in France, or 9.6 percent of the population (compared to 8.9 percent in 1999."

How many in UK?
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Well, their intentions are good but how are they going to implement it? UK already has all the legislation which is mentioned in this article, but does it work?

Comment

Does it work

Originally posted by Skeptical
                Well, their intentions are good but how are they going to implement it? UK already has all the legislation which is mentioned in this article, but does it work?
                Well the French are pretty good at ensuring that rules are adhered to (when they want to), for example the case of the headscarf ban in France.
                Can you imagine what would happen in this country if pupils were sent to headmaster/headmistress for arriving in school wearing religious clothing?
                Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
                  Well the French are pretty good at ensuring that rules are adhered to (when they want to), for example the case of the headscarf ban in France.
                  Can you imagine what would happen in this country if pupils were sent to headmaster/headmistress for arriving in school wearing religious clothing?
                  hmm maybe I should start learning French

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                    "In 2004, there were 4.5 million immigrants aged over 18 living in France, or 9.6 percent of the population (compared to 8.9 percent in 1999."

How many in UK?

Immigrants accounted for 7% of the total population in August 2001

Comment

Working...
                    X