• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SGU - Another very disappointing episode

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU - Another very disappointing episode

Is anyone else still watching Stargate Universe? Are you enjoying it?

I'm about ready to quit. Last night's episode is another classic, 15 minutes of content squeezed into 45 minutes of airtime

I gave up after episode 4 season 1, I quickly realised it was going to be rinse and repeat x however many episodes and seasons they decide to make.

I'm hoping 'The Event' has a planned conclusion so they don't drag it out with 'x' number of increasingly tenuous episodes until the point where the viewer couldn't care less like they did with 'Lost'. I gave up on that one when I realised they were making season 2... after the second episode.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Where is it up to in the series? I watched most of the series from downloads so don't want to give any spoilers.

I have to say I was bored with it after about 7 episodes. I got sick of the infighting between everyone which I guess is part of the series but it just gets on my wick episode after episode. I also found it a bit monotonous with problems, potential disaster, saved by fixing something on the ship, disaster averted type story line. At least with the others the stories were a bit more varied. Maybe I shouldn't have watched so many end to end but either way still not the best SG by a long chalk in by book.

Saying that though there is something about 2nd Lt. Vanessa James (Julia Benson) that I find quite watchable although I can't quite put my finger on it

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

On the whole, I thought it has been good watching - it's a mix of other sci-fi programmes, but has something a bit different, largely down to Carlyle's character.

Unlike previous Stargate's, it's refreshing that there are no English-speaking humans out there - and the alien lifeforms they do encounter are very much different.

However last night's episode was sheer tulip - and it was obvious from the start that it would be. The whole dreaming sequence was utterly pointless, except for providing 30 minutes of padding to the 10 minutes of story (the other 20 minutes being adverts/credits etc.)

Comment

I made it about 2/3rds of the way through series 1 when I gave up watching it. It's tedious, irritating and not particularly well made.

Very disappointing as I really liked SG1 and found SG Atlantis pretty watchable.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Yes, THAT episode really was spectacular! I couldn't take my eyes off the screen

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              Yes, THAT episode really was spectacular! I couldn't take my eyes off the screen
              I dont recollect her getting her paps out. Did I miss something!?
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                I dont recollect her getting her paps out. Did I miss something!?
                No, but she did in 'Masters of Horror s2e9' apparently.

In fact if you Google (images) for 'Julia Benson Masters of Horror' .....

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  No, but she did in 'Masters of Horror s2e9' apparently.

In fact if you Google (images) for 'Julia Benson Masters of Horror' .....
                  Oh I can beat that!

Try here
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                  X