• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company transfers exempt from migrant cap - Cameron

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company transfers exempt from migrant cap - Cameron

The government is still deciding on the level at which the cap will be set - and to whom it will apply.

But speaking at prime minister's questions, Mr Cameron said: "Intra-company transfers shouldn't be included in what we are looking at."
    BBC News - Company transfers exempt from migrant cap - Cameron
    Presumably ICTs won't be included in the immigration figures either, the "tens of thousands" fairyland one.

See HAB for further details on what went on behind the scenes, whose palms were greased etc. Official details to be announced tomorrow.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Presumably ICTs won't be included in the immigration figures either, the "tens of thousands" fairyland one.

See HAB for further details on what went on behind the scenes, whose palms were greased etc. Official details to be announced tomorrow.
    I read in The Times yesterday about research institutes who are suffering because the immigration cap prevents them bringing in researchers.

Anyway, anyone who votes for a politician because he promises to cut immigration is deluded; they don't, because they can't; vested interests, unexpected bad consequences, legal precedent, etc etc etc all get in the way.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Newsnight covered this story last night, and Paxman interviewed Damien Green in a style that I can only describe as shoving a knife into him and slowly twisting it for answers. Jeremy specifically focusses on Indian IT companies and ICT abuse.... Damien tries to twist and squirm out of his seat

This Newsnight is on iPlayer for anyone interested (immigration cap is the first story, but skip to 07:38 for interview)

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
        Newsnight covered this story last night, and Paxman interviewed Damien Green in a style that I can only describe as shoving a knife into him and slowly twisting it for answers. Jeremy specifically focusses on Indian IT companies and ICT abuse.... Damien tries to twist and squirm out of his seat

This Newsnight is on iPlayer for anyone interested (immigration cap is the first story, but skip to 07:38 for interview)
        Yeah, I saw it and it was just as stomach churning viewing the second time.

In better news Emily Maitlis was looking sexy at 48.32.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Yeah, I saw it and it was just as stomach churning viewing the second time.

In better news Emily Maitlis was looking sexy at 48.32.
          Oops, I meant 23.38

Pics:

Is she looking hot or what

Comment

More on the whole scandal here, courtesy of HPC.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post

Paxman is awesome, he treats politicians with the contempt they deserve.

Comment

Oh Bama!

In other news today, King Obama was in India declaring that the Indian economy should be open to the world just like other economies are. We shouldn't have to give special allowances to India just so that we can access their market. The thing is, Indians are used to bribes - it's a natural part of business to them, so they look for them everywhere.

Anyway, here is Obama protecting his own country and not selling out like the UK have:-

I have to protect American jobs: Obama on outsourcing

Comment

New Labour despised UK IT Contractors.

The Con-Dems simply don't give a tulip about them.

HTH

Comment

Some statistics publish by Computer Weekly on the numbers of Work Pemit Approvals Intra Company Transfer by Occupation. Take a look at which occupations are listed against the biggest of the numbers and then where they came from.

Okay, no surprises there and the true figures likely dwarf those anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X