• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC neutral reporting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC neutral reporting

I'm surprised the BBC never picked up on this, anyone would think they have an agenda.

Al Qaeda-inspired Roshonara Choudhry who tried to kill MP Stephen Timms jailed | Mail Online

Oh well at least the BBC had this nice little piece to add:

The Muslim Council of Britain responded to the sentence saying it was "appalled" by Choudhry's "reasoning which reflects an aberrant personality".

"Stephen is a well-known and trusted MP within his very diverse constituency, including many Muslims, who feel deeply hurt by this incident and he remains in our prayers," it added.

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

I'm not sure what you're driving at, but the only aspect of the Mail story you link to that wasn't also reported by the BBC was that stuff about "fanatics" "haranguing" the judge with a "tirade of abuse" from the public gallery.

Oddly, The Daily Telegraph reporters also failed to notice that, or didn't think it worth reporting. Nor did those from The Grauniad. The Independent thought it was such a prominent feature of the proceedings that they saved it up for their twenty-fifth paragraph, well below the fold.

Still, if you prefer a toy "newspaper" that panders to your prejudices, who am I to judge?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I'm not sure what you're driving at, but the only aspect of the Mail story you link to that wasn't also reported by the BBC was that stuff about "fanatics" "haranguing" the judge with a "tirade of abuse" from the public gallery.

Oddly, The Daily Telegraph reporters also failed to notice that, or didn't think it worth reporting. Nor did those from The Grauniad. The Independent thought it was such a prominent feature of the proceedings that they saved it up for their twenty-fifth paragraph, well below the fold.

Still, if you prefer a toy "newspaper" that panders to your prejudices, who am I to judge?
      Hurrah for the Blackshirts!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Actually you proved my point for me, nothing to do with prejudice's and all to do with the BBC's agenda.

By the way, you'll find the Telegraph's article here:

Stephen Timms MP's alarm at web hate sermons - Telegraph

I expect the state sponsored news outlet to provide news and schedule programs that engage both sides of the political spectrum, left and right. If I wanted to read lefty inspired hippy cr@p I'd buy the Guardian, but of course it's just as easy for you to label me a racist for my views as it is for me to label you a hippy.

My original point is rather than quote a semi-quasi PR agency like the MCB why not reflect on how the crowd at the court were able to disrupt the court proceedings and yet were not found to be in contempt of court. Who are we afraid of offending?
        "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
          Actually you proved my point for me, nothing to do with prejudice's and all to do with the BBC's agenda.

By the way, you'll find the Telegraph's article here:

Stephen Timms MP's alarm at web hate sermons - Telegraph

I expect the state sponsored news outlet to provide news and schedule programs that engage both sides of the political spectrum, left and right. If I wanted to read lefty inspired hippy cr@p I'd buy the Guardian, but of course it's just as easy for you to label me a racist for my views as it is for me to label you a hippy.

My original point is rather than quote a semi-quasi PR agency like the MCB why not reflect on how the crowd at the court were able to disrupt the court proceedings and yet were not found to be in contempt of court. Who are we afraid of offending?
          Anyone talking about media agendas then quoting from the Daily Mail are deluded.

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
            Anyone talking about media agendas then quoting from the Daily Mail are deluded.
            Again you miss the point.

It's acceptable that commercial media will be biased. It's aimed towards those that pay for the consumption of their view of the world. So Daily Telegraph = Right of centre, Guardian = Left of centre, etc.

What I object to is state sponsored journalism, i.e. the BBC promoting an agenda that is quite clearly centred to the left of the political sphere.

Comment

What I object to is state sponsored journalism, i.e. the BBC promoting an agenda that is quite clearly to the left of my views GODDAMMIT
              FTFY

Comment

Again you miss the point.

It's acceptable that commercial media will be biased. It's aimed towards those that pay for the consumption of their view of the world. So Daily Telegraph = Right of centre, Guardian = Left of centre, etc.

What I object to is state sponsored journalism, i.e. the BBC promoting an agenda that is quite clearly centred to the left of the political sphere.
                The BBC are indeed pinko and it irritates me too, but what do you expect? As an organisation they are the epitome of statism.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  The BBC are indeed pinko and it irritates me too, but what do you expect? As an organisation they are the epitome of statism.
                  Indeed. It is horrific that we should have to endure under the shackles of the BBC, subjected to mind control and privation the likes of which has not been seen in Europe since 1945.

We must rise up as a people, rebel, and free ourselves of the oppression.

Down with Eastenders!

Destroy the Today Programme!

Death to You and Yours! (No, the radio programme, silly.)

No more will we stand for the suffering that is CBeebies!

Death, DEATH, DEATH to Alan Titchmarsh and all he stands for!
                  The TV Licence I shall shred
                  I'll pay for TV with ads instead.
                  Now Dave ja vu I'll not resist
                  Nor those repeats of shows I've missed
                  The Shopping Channel and QVC
                  Are the homeland for us to see.
                  Though lefties flinch and hippies sneer
                  I'll keep Murdoch broadcasting here.

The viewing class can kiss my arse
                  I've kicked the furkin screen in at last!

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Is the intelligent way to conduct this debate to pretend that mild critics of the BBC are accusing it of 1984 totalitarianism?

Oh, I see someone's already started...

Comment

Working...
                    X