• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cock faced tossers shouting into their phones

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clientco has seen fit to place my desk right next to a door adjacent to a big TV. Flip knows what the TV is for - the area next to me is a sort of reception area that no-one uses except for impromptu meetings. There was a receptionist sat behind a desk but for some reason she's moved to another part of the office.

I am constantly distracted and interrupted by gits having stand up meetings right by my desk, wandering in and asking where some dude I've never heard of sits, and the fact that my flipping desk phone number is one digit different from the local flippin specsavers.

But by far the worst is a senior permie manager who sits some distance away and holds phone calls using the wired earpiece for her mobile. She has swallowed a loud hailer and she really doesn't need the phone if she's talking to anyone in a 500 mile radius.

Today some total cock face was wandering around the open area talking to his mate using similar apparatus - I suspect he's a "fellow" contractor judging by the nature of the conversation I was forced to listen to.

Why can't people have just a tiny consideration for their fellow humans and SHUT UP!

When nobody is about, print some of these out and stick them to walls, desk partitions, and doors:

Comment

Was it MF or Spod who works in the same location as you?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I dunno as I haven't discussed it on here, but I know some other posters are working in the same building (or at least the same town)

Isn't Spod Churchy? In which case this berk wasn't tall enough.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I never talk on a mobile in front of other people. I loath the things. I always wonder off somewhere quieter.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            I never talk on a mobile in front of other people. I loath the things. I always wonder off somewhere quieter.
            I don't mind talking - it's the shouting whilst wandering around - one's attention is unavoidably drawn to someone wandering about shouting near one's desk.

Maybe the problem is that they have located me in an area full of permies who seem to have jobs that invlove trying to recreate the Graham Norton show at work.

Comment

I was one of the first people I knew to get a mobile and I used to die of embarrassment every time it rang (usually my mates taking the piss).
              Things haven't really improved over the last 15 years.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I was on a site a while back where there were 4 or so people in a shared office and a fifth on the normal phone. A permie, he was blustering self importance as he was training someone on a webex.

Loud was not the word. He was booming.

A couple in the same room started to talk an this distracted the guy, who turned angrily and said 'Excuse me can you keep it down you can see I'm on the phone!' he then turned back to the speaker and said 'sorry some idiots in the background' and carried on booming. The guy I was talking too quietly in the corner raised his eyebrows. Nobody in the room could work!!!!

Frankly I would have told the guy to go and get a ******* room but all of his colleagues were scared of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  I was one of the oldest people I knew to get a mobile and I used to die of embarrassment every time it rang (usually the home asking where I was).
                  Things haven't really improved over the last 15 years.
                  ftfy

Comment

ftfy
                    Luddite
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X