• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just taking an idle look at my profile and noticed I had a load of reputation! Can someone point me to an explantion of this feature please?

Whilst I'm at it - how does one make that emoticon of a bloke having a Jodrell appear?

Well someone clicks the star to the bottom left of a post:

Then they Rep you Up or Down...

Depending on their Rep, Post count, day of the week and other obscure algorithms you get + or - points....

Your overall total dictates your Rep "Title".

Hows that?

PS is just like all the rest

MF will probably be along soon with some detail about the algorithms and what value the Titles require.
    Last edited by Wodewick; 4 November 2010, 19:19.
    Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
    Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
      Well someone clicks the star to the bottom left of a post:

Then they Rep you Up or Down...

Depending on their Rep, Post count, day of the week and other obscure algorithms you get + or - points....

Your overall total dictates your Rep "Title".

Hows that?

PS is just like all the rest
      Fantastic - so is my rep title the thing that says I'm mostly harmless? or something else?

Comment

The emoticon is in the list of available ones, in the row above the one and below the one.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          Fantastic - so is my rep title the thing that says I'm mostly harmless? or something else?
          Well at the moment you make sense... but I am slower than a 486
          Jim is a Jedi! - Dara

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post

The emoticon is in the list of available ones, in the row above the one and below the one.
            Thanks - I haven't seen that list since the forum upgrade (possibly before) it's almost certainly my own fault - giving me a computer is like giving a monkey a typewriter. I have lifted the the relevant text from the quoted posts though.

Comment

Well at the moment you make sense... but I am slower than a 486
              Kin ell - when did that change - I was mostly harmless a minute ago. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Kin ell - when did that change - I was mostly harmless a minute ago. Thanks anyway.
                Thats possibly cos I +ved you - so not as worthless as I thought
                Jim is a Jedi! - Dara

Comment

Thats possibly cos I +ved you - so not as worthless as I thought
                  Oh flip - sorry I just accidentally negged you - let me find another thread to big you back up. I'm not very good at this.

Comment

Oh flip - sorry I just accidentally negged you - let me find another thread to big you back up. I'm not very good at this.
                    BASTARD!!!!!
                    I don't think you can rep me again for a while - and after rep-ping others as well
                    Jim is a Jedi! - Dara

Comment

Working...
                    X