• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Urban Dictionary Project

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUK Urban Dictionary Project

Hi Folks

I thought we could have a little project / holiday to add new words and definitions to Urban Dictionary . I've created a user name 'Cuksocker', and it would give a nice corporate look and feel if others wanted to use it. You will need to put in an email address I've created: [email protected] .

If you add a definition, an email will come through to that account and I'll need to confirm it. The key rule seems to be that 'in-jokes' will be rejected, so probably not worth submitting 'Marillion Fan'. However, complete invention seems to be fine. They don't all have to be unspeakably filthy - I've just submitted permiedom, which is inexplicably missing. But they can actually be unspeakably filthy if desired.

Do please post any new terms submitted here, so that you can take personal credit for this important project, but perhaps best to leave NSFW definitions out of the thread, or it will be off to Light Relief.

OG
    Last edited by Old Greg; 5 November 2010, 10:07.

Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      Somehow I knew you´d be in on this.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Somehow I knew you´d be in on this.
        I'm outraged. I'm not 'in on it', actually.

I wish I had been though.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Can we use this thread to suggest interesting terms and definitions too?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Can we use this thread to suggest interesting terms and definitions too?
            Whatever we wish.

Comment

I'm thinking of a definition for an 'Old Greg'.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                Must be worthy of an entry in the Urban Dictionary and/or submission to the Profanisaurus.
                Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                UPDATE:
                Thanks for your definition of Lick the Chutney Spoon!

Editors reviewed your entry and have decided to not publish it.

To get a better idea of what editors publish and reject, sign up as an Urban Dictionary Editor here: Urban Dictionary, November 5: cyber hoarding

Urban Dictionary
                Boo
                Until finally: link.

Does anything predate the chutney spoon vanguard?
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  I'm thinking of a definition for an 'Old Greg'.
                  Looks like I'm too late;

Urban Dictionary: old greg

Comment

I recently invented one called the 'Kipper Sundae'

Mrs EO gobbed me when I asked her to do it, so I need a volunteer to see if its practical. The volunteer needs to be female, randy as heck, (experience of nannying and rolled up brollies would be an advantage)

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X