PDA

View Full Version : Rugby tomorrow

Mich the Tester
5th November 2010, 13:47
Good luck England, Ireland and Wales. Here's hoping for at least one NH victory tomorrow. (and just hope Richie McCaw doesn't get his hands on Toby Flood; Mr Johnson could have an unpleasant trip to explain to Mrs Flood what's happened to her son) This time, just for once, I have sympathy for the fly half.

England v New Zealand, 14:30
Ireland v South Africa, 17:30
Wales v Australia, 14:30

Doggy Styles
5th November 2010, 13:56
I'm a bit gutted I've got to miss this. I'm off to footy.

Mich the Tester
5th November 2010, 13:59
I'm a bit gutted I've got to miss this. I'm off to footy.

:bluelight:bluelight:bluelight

shoot him!

:bluelight:bluelight:bluelight

Mustang
5th November 2010, 14:09
I'll probably watch the Ireland/Springbok game live and the stay up to watch the highlights of the England game. If i miss it I won't complain since I have tickets for the Australia game!! :banana:
Setting off from home at 11 with one of the guys, burger down by the river and the off to the match! I told Mrs M not to wait up!! :D

Mich the Tester
5th November 2010, 14:16
I wonder what will happen when Sonny Bill Williams collides at speed with Mike Tindall? That might be quite spectacular. It might involve blood and some spillage of intestinal matter.

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2008/05/24/va1237309579654/Sonny-Bill-Williams-6056470.jpg

VS

http://www.independent.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00037/tindall_37013t.jpg

meridian
5th November 2010, 16:22
Don't think Tindall will be much of a match up :ladybags:

YouTube - Boxing with SBW & Liam Messam (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGS0WqPDNRo)

Mich the Tester
5th November 2010, 16:31
Don't think Tindall will be much of a match up :ladybags:

YouTube - Boxing with SBW & Liam Messam (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGS0WqPDNRo)

Tindall can handle himself. I'm more concerned about young Toby;

http://i.thisislondon.co.uk/i/pix/2009/02/toby-flood-415x645.jpg

Doggy Styles
5th November 2010, 16:35
I wonder what will happen when Sonny Bill Williams collides at speed with Mike Tindall? That might be quite spectacular. It might involve blood and some spillage of intestinal matter.It might also involve a sighting of the Higgs Boson.

Muttley08
6th November 2010, 02:14
As a league fan who's seen Sonny Bill a few times - I think Mike is gona get hammered. Some of the tackles SB has made in the NRL are out of this world - just hope he gets enough of the game, he's awesome to watch!

oracleslave
8th November 2010, 18:19
Wonder why interest was lost in this thread :laugh

shaunbhoy
8th November 2010, 18:21

Because it was all about egg-chasing, so in the greater scheme of things, less interesting than a "My Lunch" thread.

HTH

oracleslave
8th November 2010, 18:27
Because it was all about egg-chasing, so in the greater scheme of things, less interesting than a "My Lunch" thread.

HTH

Anybody else, someone with a faint clue, anyone at all?

original PM
8th November 2010, 18:30
apart from the fact all the home nations got stuffed...???

nope I can't think of a single reason...

shaunbhoy
8th November 2010, 19:09

Look, do you have any idea just how difficult it was to concoct obscure activities that you lower order colonials might be some use at? Without of course making it too obvious that they were only designed to take your limited minds off inbreeding and crime? Cricket............Rugger...............all designed to appeal to the large foreheaded.
Think yourself lucky that the forefathers of the mother nation had such good imaginations, but please refrain from imagining that anyone really gives a toss.

HTH but IDI

:eyes

oracleslave
8th November 2010, 19:12

wibble

Anyone with a brain?

Pondlife
8th November 2010, 19:35
Disappointed by both Wales and Ozzies at the weekend. Steven Jones' kicking was atrocious. Halfpenny, Byrne and Jamie R were missed and I think Shanklin is past his best. Hook didn't get a mention all game really and needs to have a quiet word with himself - pniss poor compare to Kurtley whathisname.

Stadium was half empty too due to money grabbing :winker: in charge.

Can't comment on the other games as I got a bit leggo.

Ozzies didn't look like an Allblack beating side IMHO

cailin maith
8th November 2010, 20:15

Was there Rugby on? :wink

Pondlife
8th November 2010, 20:42
Wales needs a decent playmaker but since Gavin Henson went through a phase of spending too much time in Church his mind hasn't been on it.:tongue

:igmc:

Mich the Tester
8th November 2010, 21:54
Disappointed by both Wales and Ozzies at the weekend. Steven Jones' kicking was atrocious. Halfpenny, Byrne and Jamie R were missed and I think Shanklin is past his best. Hook didn't get a mention all game really and needs to have a quiet word with himself - pniss poor compare to Kurtley whathisname.

Ozzies didn't look like an Allblack beating side IMHO

I shall make my first prediction of the season; England will stuff Australia. South Africa will have to improve, but at least they've brought some forwards, which is a good thing, because I don't really know what backs do.

Mich the Tester
8th November 2010, 21:56
Was there Rugby on? :wink

Yes, but the IRU had a genius idea of only selling combination tickets to all four matches, starting from 300 euros, in the middle of a recession, so hardly anybody turned up at the rather culturally vacuously named 'Aviva Stadium'. FFS, call it Lansdowne Road or play at Croke Park. Please, let's keep some culture in this game.

Mich the Tester
8th November 2010, 21:58

Ozzies didn't look like an Allblack beating side IMHOI can´t understand why Wales kept giving the ball to the backs. They stuffed Austracolony in the forwards, why did they keep chucking the pill to the salon girls?

oracleslave
8th November 2010, 21:59
I shall make my first prediction of the season; England will stuff Australia.

Dependent on the weather for me. If it's dry and they get something like 40% posession their backline wwill be good enough to see them home. If not, I think their scrum will go backwards at a rate of knots against Eng and they could well get stuffed.

South Africa will have to improve,

True, but then again many of that team are not first or even second choice in their positions so any result is a bonus on this tour imho.

Mich the Tester
8th November 2010, 22:07
Dependent on the weather for me. If it's dry and they get something like 40% posession their backline wwill be good enough to see them home. If not, I think their scrum will go backwards at a rate of knots against Eng and they could well get stuffed.

True, but then again many of that team are not first or even second choice in their positions so any result is a bonus on this tour imho.

SA might be OK; they have good players and just need to hit form. Austracolony, however, have spent the last five years using a weak scrum as a tactic for spoiling the game. Their srum doesn't go backwards because it collapses. If they can´t hold up the scrum then red cards need to be shown. Sorry, but at that level you have to find a front row that´s able to stand up, and if you can´t, then **** off and play touch rugby; their consistent failure to pick an international standard front row is actually just as damaging to the game as the old England style of chucking it to Rob Andrew and booting it. The laws were changed to stop England's ten man style, so now it's time to penalise teams who fail to bring a competent front row. I'm sure SA, given their tradition of great forwards, would be happy to see the Aussies punished for this disgrace.

shaunbhoy
21st November 2010, 17:07

:laugh :laugh :laugh

:smokin

norrahe
21st November 2010, 17:30
:o for Ireland :emb

shaunbhoy
21st November 2010, 17:47
BBC Sport - Rugby Union - Highlights - Scotland 21-17 South Africa (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/scottish/9213434.stm)

Just in case anyone of the egg-chasing variety missed it!

:tongue

HTH

:banana:

norrahe
21st November 2010, 18:16
BBC Sport - Rugby Union - Highlights - Scotland 21-17 South Africa (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/scottish/9213434.stm)

HTH

That was a good game, made up for last week, guess it was Ireland's turn

Mich the Tester
22nd November 2010, 09:39

HTH

Indeed, Scotland were very impressive. The South Africans are clearly suffering from delusions of adequacy.