• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edinburgh Hotel Recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edinburgh Hotel Recommendations

Clue is in the title really... Anyone got any good recommendations for hotels in Edinburgh?

Looking at 3 or 4 stars decent as opposed to 5* oppulence and ideally outside of the city centre towards the south.
    Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
    Clue is in the title really... Anyone got any good recommendations for hotels in Edinburgh?

Looking at 3 or 4 stars decent as opposed to 5* oppulence and ideally outside of the city centre towards the south.
    Gleneagles is nice, its up that way.

Comment

Sorry, don't do cheap. Try the Caledonian.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post

Originally posted by mango View Post
        Gleneagles is nice, its up that way.
        Thanks, I'll pop in next time I'm up there for a round of golf... In the meantime I'll continue to look within the parameters I highlighted.
        Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I've only been once, stayed in the 3 sisters.

It's great if you're on the piss for the weekend, for any other reason I'd avoid like the plague.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            I've only been once, stayed in the 3 sisters.
            Well done, were they twins?

Comment

Originally posted by mango View Post
              Well done, were they twins?
              All 3 weren't twins, no.

Have you done that aptitude test yet?
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

All 3 weren't twins, no.

Have you done that aptitude test yet?
                2 could be twins you doughnut. I couldnt get it to work.

Comment

I'd highly recommend 2 Cambridge Street B&B, it fails your criteria as it's as central as it gets but it's the best b&b in edinburgh, the rooms are fantastic, the service is excellent, the location is almost direct to the Castle but less than 3 mins away from Princes Street, the hosts are great in the everything is simply available and there when you want it but they're very non intrusive, afternoon tea and cakes in the reading room/library/dining room are laid out along with classic radio playing and hosts pop in to see if you want more cake or scones, the breakfast is among the best b&b/hotel breakfast I've ever had, it's the place I would recommend to anyone who want a good but reasonably priced place to stay in Edinburgh City Centre.

Guardian review

stayed there for Hogmanay, it was perfect and we booked quite late October.
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                  X