PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh Hotel Recommendations

Ravello
5th November 2010, 15:20
Clue is in the title really... Anyone got any good recommendations for hotels in Edinburgh?

Looking at 3 or 4 stars decent as opposed to 5* oppulence and ideally outside of the city centre towards the south.

mango
5th November 2010, 15:27
Clue is in the title really... Anyone got any good recommendations for hotels in Edinburgh?

Looking at 3 or 4 stars decent as opposed to 5* oppulence and ideally outside of the city centre towards the south.

Gleneagles is nice, its up that way.

Mich the Tester
5th November 2010, 15:38
Sorry, don't do cheap. Try the Caledonian.

Ravello
5th November 2010, 15:41

Gleneagles is nice, its up that way.

Thanks, I'll pop in next time I'm up there for a round of golf... In the meantime I'll continue to look within the parameters I highlighted.

gingerjedi
5th November 2010, 15:43
I've only been once, stayed in the 3 sisters.

It's great if you're on the piss for the weekend, for any other reason I'd avoid like the plague.

mango
5th November 2010, 15:43
I've only been once, stayed in the 3 sisters.

Well done, were they twins?

gingerjedi
5th November 2010, 15:49
:rolleyes:
Well done, were they twins?

All 3 weren't twins, no.

Have you done that aptitude test yet? :rolleyes:

mango
5th November 2010, 15:50
:rolleyes:

All 3 weren't twins, no.

Have you done that aptitude test yet? :rolleyes:

2 could be twins you doughnut. I couldnt get it to work.

chef
5th November 2010, 15:54
I'd highly recommend 2 Cambridge Street B&B (http://www.aboutscotland.com/edin/cambridge.html), it fails your criteria as it's as central as it gets but it's the best b&b in edinburgh, the rooms are fantastic, the service is excellent, the location is almost direct to the Castle but less than 3 mins away from Princes Street, the hosts are great in the everything is simply available and there when you want it but they're very non intrusive, afternoon tea and cakes in the reading room/library/dining room are laid out along with classic radio playing and hosts pop in to see if you want more cake or scones, the breakfast is among the best b&b/hotel breakfast I've ever had, it's the place I would recommend to anyone who want a good but reasonably priced place to stay in Edinburgh City Centre.

Guardian review (http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2008/dec/27/bed-breakfast-edinburgh-scotland)

stayed there for Hogmanay, it was perfect and we booked quite late October.