• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It couldn't happen to a nicer bloke...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It couldn't happen to a nicer bloke...

Labour MP Phil Woolas loses seat over election lies - Telegraph

I'm not sure if he was the architect but he was certainly a key player in labours social engineering mass immigration experiment.

Good riddance, now he has to find a proper job.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Indeed, although whether his claims were entirely groundless I am not sure. An alleged campaign by Muslims to “take Phil out”? I have little doubt that such a campaign existed. If you ever looked at some Muslim sites before the election, agendas to get in MPs favourable to them existed.

There isn't anything wrong with that, every group tends to campaign for the MPS they want and they are entitled to, it's part of democracy. So why was it wrong for Woolas's people to mention it in this context? Christian and atheists concerned by the growth of islamic values in their constituency should have an equal right to oppose them but they are not allowed that right of course. Woolas may in part be a victim of politically correct attitudes based on the inverted racism that his government promoted.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The difficulty in cases like this is that, after a news story has blown up, you can never find any background to try and find the facts. (Why doesn't Google have a sort by before a given date?) There is a letter from Woolas here.

New Statesman - Phil Woolas election ruling in October
      bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

You make some very valid points xog. However, this is Woolas. A piece of slimy refuse.
        In his case I, for one, am willing to forego democratic privilege and inherent fairness to stitch the two-faced self-serving charlatan up!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

What I can't understand is why just Woolas. I bet every single election leaflet put out contains deliberately misleading statements about the opposition parties and their candidates.

Do you think if we examined them all we could get the whole bastard lot removed?
          bloggoth

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            What I can't understand is why just Woolas. I bet every single election leaflet put out contains deliberately misleading statements about the opposition parties and their candidates.

Do you think if we examined them all we could get the whole bastard lot removed?
            Well it has to be worth a try.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I enjoyed this part of the article.

Harriet Harman, the party’s deputy leader, said his legal challenge would not be supported and added: “It is no part of Labour’s politics to try to win elections by telling lies.”
              That's far more untrue than anything said by any party during the election.

Interesting case and not a bad result considering

Comment

Working...
              X