• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What the hell is all the noise?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the hell is all the noise?

It sounds like shooting. I fear that they there may be a madman on the loose!

It's being going on for hours. Sporadic bangs followed by rapid succession.

I've been looking on the news but cannot see anything. Can someone check the news and see if there is madman having a gunfight with the police in Hampshire?

Think I'll keep the doors locked.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

fireworks?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      fireworks?
      No, really?
      Me, me, me...

Comment

It can't possibly be fireworks, because bonfire night was last night, not tonight. It must be shooting. If you look outside you should be able to tell quite easily: most people launch a brightly-coloured distress flare when they get shot, to help guide the ambulance to their location.

Comment

Seems to have died down now.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            It sounds like shooting. I fear that they there may be a madman on the loose!

It's being going on for hours. Sporadic bangs followed by rapid succession.

I've been looking on the news but cannot see anything. Can someone check the news and see if there is madman having a gunfight with the police in Hampshire?

Think I'll keep the doors locked.
            nip out and have a look around. sometimes, at this time of year, you can find a large heap of wood with a scarecrow on top. Ignore the scarecrow and the smell of burning wood, and report back tomorrow morning

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              nip out and have a look around. sometimes, at this time of year, you can find a large heap of wood with a scarecrow on top. Ignore the scarecrow and the smell of burning wood, and report back tomorrow morning

You were right.

It appears it is the end of the world. The shooting is continuing followed by bright lights across the skies. Greens, blues, reds! It's an

ALIEN INVASION PEOPLE RUN FOR YOUR LIVES

GET OUT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!!
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                You were right.

It appears it is the end of the world. The shooting is continuing followed by bright lights across the skies. Greens, blues, reds! It's an

ALIEN INVASION PEOPLE RUN FOR YOUR LIVES

GET OUT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!!
                Don't worry,it's only Zeity out for a stroll. He leaves Wales at the weekend you know - must be Hampshire's turn for a visit.

Comment

Ah looks like it's the time afterall, I am off to pub and will leave fifty quid as a tip, cya!

Comment

Boom!
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X