• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will £40,000 minimum salary curb intra company transfer immigration loophole?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will £40,000 minimum salary curb intra company transfer immigration loophole?

Will £40,000 minimum salary curb intra company transfer immigration loophole? - Inside Outsourcing

No, because the "salary" includes expenses. Not just the employee's expenses, but those perceived to be incurred by their employer.

That's accommodation, food, flights and everything else.

These poor Indian sods will still get paid almost bugger all, no tax will be earned by HMRC and HMG will continue paying £1000 - £2000 per day to the overseas consultancies for them.

Nothing changes, I'm afraid.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

But these people are hired to be cheaper than home-grown, no? £40k is a fairly hefty salary for a developer/code-monkey, certainly I could find very good people I've worked with before who are paid less.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        But these people are hired to be cheaper than home-grown, no? £40k is a fairly hefty salary for a developer/code-monkey, certainly I could find very good people I've worked with before who are paid less.
        Did you read RCs post? Some clever accounting will ensure a never ending stream of bobs.

Comment

Clever for who? The companies hiring them do so ONLY because their bean-counters think it's cheaper, no? £1000-2000/day is more than UK-based people and £40k is a not a graduate salary, so the accountants could be happier hiring cheaper UK people.

Comment

Clever for who? The companies hiring them do so ONLY because their bean-counters think it's cheaper, no? £1000-2000/day is more than UK-based people and £40k is a not a graduate salary, so the accountants could be happier hiring cheaper UK people.
            I hope so, because ar this rate there will be no doings left us

Comment

Where does this £1000+ for Indian developers come from? That seems unlikely because while the accountants might not be educated on the value of quality, they are damn good at spotting which of two numbers is smaller.

Do any consultancies (English or otherwise) actually publish their rates? I never saw one that did.

Comment

Where does this £1000+ for Indian developers come from?
                Who said developers? Business analysts, 'consultants', project managers, project support, programme directors, PMO staff...
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I thought those were the kind of roles normally kept on-shore, as they involve client interaction and domain knowledge.

Comment

I thought those were the kind of roles normally kept on-shore, as they involve client interaction and domain knowledge.

Intra-company transfers - immigration loophole - i.e. people working here.

Comment

Working...
                    X