• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Polish outsourcers are making their mark in the US

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polish outsourcers are making their mark in the US

On my contracting travels I've already seen companies outsourcing work to Eastern Europe - places like Rumania and even Bosnia. Think it's become hard due to all the stuff being sourced to Indian companies? Well, it's going to get even harder...

Polish programmers are joining U.S. startups – but staying in Poland

Mmm interesting (but bad news for those hoping to pick up dirty leftovers from Indian outsourcing failure)

Before Numote’s CEO, Vijay Kailas, hired 10clouds, he had been outsourcing iPhone app development to India. He sums up this experience in one sentence: “when you hire an Indian team, you need to hire two to be sure you’ll get the product shipped.” He switched then to Polish developers and they have been working together with 10clouds for 10 months now.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

They are actually worse than Indian programmers in my experience, their technical skills are not that good but they always believe their way is right.

Some prat I worked with asked me to make a simplified object for each object that I was creating, thus when you wanted to send large amounts of objects (20 in this case) you could send the simplified version.

The youtube age obviously has not hit Poland, I tried telling him it was pointless when the most data you ever saved was 100 bytes.

Comment

Working...
    X