• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kiddies parties

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kiddies parties

I have to confess I don't much like them. Some parents have the good idea to drop the kids off and then pick them up a couple of hours later (thereby giving the chance to do something else).

Some parents pick parties at daft times. Eg Saturday 12-3pm. FFS way to go crapping on my Saturday.

Some parents pick parties that go on for ridiculously lengthy periods. "Please come to Franchesca's 4th birthday party, this Sunday from 12-6pm".

And they're either at someone's house, so you stand around like a total plum trying to get on with the other parents, or they're at McDonalds, the bowling alley or some such.

So I shall be skipping to today's birthday party, from 1-4pm which is at the local sports and recreation club that I used to play darts for. Big screen TV, real ale, and comfy chairs.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I have to confess I don't much like them. Some parents have the good idea to drop the kids off and then pick them up a couple of hours later (thereby giving the chance to do something else).

Some parents pick parties at daft times. Eg Saturday 12-3pm. FFS way to go crapping on my Saturday.

Some parents pick parties that go on for ridiculously lengthy periods. "Please come to Franchesca's 4th birthday party, this Sunday from 12-6pm".

And they're either at someone's house, so you stand around like a total plum trying to get on with the other parents, or they're at McDonalds, the bowling alley or some such.

So I shall be skipping to today's birthday party, from 1-4pm which is at the local sports and recreation club that I used to play darts for. Big screen TV, real ale, and comfy chairs.
    yeah, agree. Don't like them on the weekend - means I have to go, or be made to feel bad when I don't.
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

???

Don't know what you're problem is. If it's a kiddies party it's the wifes duty to take them and leave her man to watch the sports.

That's what happens in my house.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I don't mind them at all, but then I am a very good dad.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          I don't mind them at all, but then I am a very good dad.
          one of those annoying "super dads" that irritates the other dads.

Everyone knows if you're going to keep your woman you need to be one of those "fart and grunt in front of match of the day" types.

Read F1, rugby, cricket or whatever interest you have

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            one of those annoying "super dads" that irritates the other dads.

Everyone knows if you're going to keep your woman you need to be one of those "fart and grunt in front of match of the day" types.

Read F1, rugby, cricket or whatever interest you have

HTH
            I've done kids stuff this morning (made an advent calender with my daughter), I've also been sat here all afternoon watching F1 on TV and Liverpool v Chelsea on the laptop, farting grunting and drinking ale so stick that in yer pipe and smoke it.

No.1

HTH
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              I've done kids stuff this morning (made an advent calender with my daughter), I've also been sat here all afternoon watching F1 on TV and Liverpool v Chelsea on the laptop, farting grunting and drinking ale so stick that in yer pipe and smoke it.

No.1

HTH
              Very good

Not been to a kids party though

Comment

Why not?

Bond with the other dads, fill the kids with E's and then go back to my house, leave the little ones with the mums and the dads go to the pub. Everyones a winner!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Why not?

Bond with the other dads, fill the kids with E's and then go back to my house, leave the little ones with the mums and the dads go to the pub. Everyones a winner!
                  E numbers? Or do you actually give MDMA to your kids?

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
                    E numbers? Or do you actually give MDMA to your kids?
                    Get with the programme. Give the little sods some ecstasy and then they sleep at night.

What's the problem with that? It's no different than putting a drop of Scotch in the baby's bottle, or dosing them up with Calpol.

(Obviously, if they're little kids they only get a half tab each, duh.)
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X