• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1st Day Back On The Bench

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Day Back On The Bench

After what has been a 5 month contract turning into 18 months (), I am back on the bench as of today.

Have been so looking forward to this and getting back into the home routine, having aleady done the school run this morning etc. Also looking forward to staying benched for the rest of the year, good time to finish contract leading into Dec/Xmas etc etc.

Work hard, relax hard is my adopted motto...Will be in touch !

Time to knock up a few sockies
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Daytime TV...nuff said
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Daytime winking more like it

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
          After what has been a 5 month contract turning into 18 months (), I am back on the bench as of today.

Have been so looking forward to this and getting back into the home routine, having aleady done the school run this morning etc. Also looking forward to staying benched for the rest of the year, good time to finish contract leading into Dec/Xmas etc etc.

Welcome, I'll budge up cos it's getting a bit crowded here.

Comment

Well done for managing 18 months through the worst financial times in living memory (at least for me).

However, I would have thought you would keep applying from now as it might take a while to find something in the current climate. If you take time off now, then it might take you months to find the next gig which will make it even harder as you would have been out of work for several months...

Comment

I will need my spot in about 2 weeks, so keep it please
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                I will need my spot in about 2 weeks, so keep it please
                With a bit of luck, you can have mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  With a bit of luck, you can have mine.
                  Something in the pipeline, good luck.

I still don't have confirmation for my gig in India for January.

Anyone on the bench interested in reviewing a paper I am writing?

If you have read my posts on here, you know I need help
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                    Time to knock up a few sockies
                    WIS

Comment

Working...
                    X