• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Linkedin Recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linkedin Recommendations

If one has done a half decent job in their role can they request a 'recommendation' from their reporting manager on the expectation that this would be accepted ?

Or does recommendations apply to have for example exceeded expectations in the role ? I can ask my last 5 previous managers for a recommendation having done a decent job in each role, which obviously they could accept or refuse/ignore.

Is there an accepted rule of thumb ?

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    If one has done a half decent job in their role can they request a 'recommendation' from their reporting manager on the expectation that this would be accepted ?

Or does recommendations apply to have for example exceeded expectations in the role ? I can ask my last 5 previous managers for a recommendation having done a decent job in each role, which obviously they could accept or refuse/ignore.

Is there an accepted rule of thumb ?

If you don't ask, you don't get.

Well thats my rule anyway, I usually ask a week or so before I leave.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Neither a giver nor receiver be.

HTH
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

How people choose to give recommendations is personal choice but I hope they would only do it when they would genuinely recommend you, or the whole system is pointless.

Are you already connected to them on LI? If so, simply request a recommendation electronically. Then they can decide what to do without telling you "you're crap". You can also give them a recommendation of course IF you think they're any good.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

You can ask anyone for a recommendation. As you get to review it and agree to adding it to your profile then you have nothing to lose.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The recommendations are good but some people rather than asking those who have either managed them or people they have managed they seem to ask anyone and everyone they have worked with, I find it often negates the whole aspect of it.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
            X