• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personalised number plates..?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personalised number plates..?

I don't get why people have them. I don't have anything against them, I just don't get it.

Is it so people don't know the age of your car? So you don't lose your car?

Is it to give people a sniff of your success as you roar past in your nearly new mid range Audi, like 'SIMON MD' this morning?

Do you lot all have personalised number plates?
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I don't get why people have them. I don't have anything against them, I just don't get it.

Is it so people don't know the age of your car? So you don't lose your car?

Is it to give people a sniff of your success as you roar past in your nearly new mid range Audi, like 'SIMON MD' this morning?

Do you lot all have personalised number plates?
    the lot of em

Unless of course you had A1 in which case I may reconsider

I think it was on here that someone posted a link to of the week Personalised plate spotters

Which was amusing
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      I think it was on here that someone posted a link to of the week Personalised plate spotters
      That was people who had illegally modified their plates, to look like they said something different. Different fonts, sticking a black spot on, using the attachment bolts, etc.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        That was people who had illegally modified their plates, to look like they said something different. Different fonts, sticking a black spot on, using the attachment bolts, etc.
        You got the linky?

Comment

www.ChavPlates | Template
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

My rule of thumb: Don't trust anyone with personalised number plates.

Anyone who has the personality flaw that would allow them to pay for number plates, usually has the personality flaw that would allow them to stitch you up. I have seen it happen to other people.
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
              My rule of thumb: Don't trust anyone with personalised number plates.

Anyone who has the personality flaw that would allow them to pay for number plates, usually has the personality flaw that would allow them to stitch you up. I have seen it happen to other people.
              On reflection, must agree.

My son's father had them.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Did he also drive a BMW?

Comment

Live and learn, MP

Remember when you take your child out, point to any offending plates and say, bad person.
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    Did he also drive a BMW?
                    No.

I do though.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X