• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Call of Duty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call of Duty

Okay, I've just got around to buying and playing Call of Duty4 Modern Warfare, now that the game has become cheap enough. It seems okay. Great graphics and it's quite realistic. How "with it" am I?

Am I missing out on a lot by waiting before I buy the next one in the series? That is Modern Warefare2 I gather. And then Black Ops. My PC seems able to cope with CoD4 MW okay.

The next one's going to be half in French.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Okay, I've just got around to buying and playing Call of Duty4 Modern Warfare, now that the game has become cheap enough. It seems okay. Great graphics and it's quite realistic. How "with it" am I?

Am I missing out on a lot by waiting before I buy the next one in the series? That is Modern Warefare2 I gather. And then Black Ops. My PC seems able to cope with CoD4 MW okay.
      No, I live my life 6-12 months behind everyone else, much cheaper that way.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

The COD games are the only ones I play, for a weeks a year my Xbox 360 gets dusted off, while I hunt down Nazis/Russians/Muslims.

Will buy the new one when it comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
          The COD games are the only ones I play, for a weeks a year my Xbox 360 gets dusted off, while I hunt down Nazis/Russians/Muslims.

Will buy the new one when it comes out.
          Not too keen on the mouse & keyboard setup in COD to be honest. WOW controls are better handled IMO, like being able to use both mouse buttons simultaneously and not needing to use the arrow keys, which admittedly aren't the default moving keys; I think the defaults were in positions reminiscent of Elite. G for throwing back to grenades is a long way when you only have a split second to do it and accounts for most of my kills. Maybe I'll change 'throw back grenade' to ? come to think of it, as ? is a lot closer to the arrow keys.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            No, I live my life 6-12 months behind everyone else, much cheaper that way.
            The one I mentioned is two years and two versions old.

Comment

Not too keen on the mouse & keyboard setup in COD to be honest. WOW controls are better handled IMO, like being able to use both mouse buttons simultaneously and not needing to use the arrow keys, which admittedly aren't the default moving keys; I think the defaults were in positions reminiscent of Elite. G for throwing back to grenades is a long way when you only have a split second to do it and accounts for most of my kills. Maybe I'll change 'throw back grenade' to ? come to think of it, as it's a lot closer to the arrow keys.
              I never played it on the PC, I might try it, I just got a new PC quadcore with 12GB RAM and decent GPU, so should run well.

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
                The COD games are the only ones I play...
                It's interesting that these blockbuster titles are UK produced, and quite odd to hear English accents. Presumably it sells well in America, if not Afghanistan?

Comment

From observing Son's gaming habits there seem to be three distinct groups of players.

1. The "with it" crowd. Only play a game long enough to max out on levels/acheivments/highscores etc. Move onto the next game as soon as it is released. Frequently change games as a group. One not having the latest game is seen as socially inferior. Usually found in "Game" trading in a game they paid £40 for a month previously for £10 discount on the one they are buying today.

2. Regular gamers who pick things up when they get round to it. May buy a game at release but only if it has specific appeal (Fans of the Final Fantasy games being a classic example). Will continue playing a game while they enjoy it, usually frequent the same server for online games and get to know the other regulars. Generally stop playing due to pressure of life or simple boredom.

3. Die hard players who refuse to play anything but their chosen game. Usually found playing Unreal Tournament in a dusty corner of the internet.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Black Ops pre-ordered and downloaded over the weekend. Roll on midnight

Comment

Working...
                    X