• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold

Has reached a new high against GBP today, again. Nothing new to see here, move along please. There could be a culling if and when this does crash.

£28,000 today, £21,000 a year ago.

And over twenty years...

To infinity and beyond....

Gold oooooooooooo
    always believe in your soul
    you've got the power to know
    you're indestructible
    always believe in, because you are
    Gold , glad that you're bound to return
    there's something I could have learned
    you're indestructible, always believe in
    Gold
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

So it's increased from about £4000 per kilo in around 2000 to £28,000 per kilo today, a factor of 7.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        So it's increased from about £4000 per kilo in around 2000 to £28,000 per kilo today, a factor of 7.
        Back in 2000 I was in Aus with the present Mrs MF. We visited a gold mine where you could buy gold bars. I decided to buy one for £2000. She went mental. 'WTF are you going to do with that, stick it under the bed! You're an idiot'

We didn't buy it.

I never let her forget it. She doesn't question investment issues anymore.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          She doesn't question investment issues anymore.
          You mean like your tat shop?

Comment

At least house prices have been dropping over the last 5 years:-

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Back in 2000 I was in Aus with the present Mrs MF. We visited a gold mine where you could buy gold bars. I decided to buy one for £2000. She went mental. 'WTF are you going to do with that, stick it under the bed! You're an idiot'

We didn't buy it.

I never let her forget it. She doesn't question investment issues anymore.
              Hardly your wife's fault that you don't have a set of balls is it?

Comment

Working...
              X