• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Less than 4 weeks left

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Less than 4 weeks left

Until my current contract ends, I pray the day comes fast. I am surrounded by dull moronic permies, I have no work to do and any work will be mind numbingly boring. I can safely say this is the worst place I have worked.

You wouldn't happen to work in Crewe or Stoke for the cauldwell group?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      You wouldn't happen to work in Crewe or Stoke for the cauldwell group?
      No, why is it ultra boring as well? Examples?

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
        No, why is it ultra boring as well? Examples?
        I'd love a dull boring job for a while, it's my area of speciality. Currently in a project from hell for the reasons of too much to do and too much responsibility. Give me dull and boring any day, or at least 9 times out of 10.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
          I'd love a dull boring job for a while, it's my area of speciality. Currently in a project from hell for the reasons of too much to do and too much responsibility. Give me dull and boring any day, or at least 9 times out of 10.
          It's OK for a while, but after a long time it actually becomes very difficult to manage all your sockies.

Comment

Just found out all IT permies need to reapply for their jobs.

Comment

Just found out all IT permies need to reapply for their jobs.
              Why is that funny?

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                Why is that funny?
                Because they are permies and they think they have Job Security.

Comment

Because they are permies and they think they have Job Security.
                  So, you're laughing at someone potentially losing their job in the run up to Christmas? Nice.

What if you have a long term illness and your warchest is severely depleted to the extent where you feel like you're never going to find work again? Would that be funny also?

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                    So, you're laughing at someone potentially losing their job in the run up to Christmas? Nice.

What if you have a long term illness and your warchest is severely depleted to the extent where you feel like you're never going to find work again? Would that be funny also?
                    See the thread where some permie was boasting about sacking contractors. I'm sure permies are crying their hearts out when contractors get bagged or not extended.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X