• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Easy Cut - money saver

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy Cut - money saver

BaByliss - BaByliss for Men - Easy Cut

Was looking at this, seems a good idea to keep my short hair short, can use it a few times a week, without spending £10 at the local barbers or asking the wife to do it.

I looked at that while in the UK last week but didn't actually get round to buying it. In most stores it was around the 45 quid mark but in Sainsburys it was only 30 quid.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      I looked at that while in the UK last week but didn't actually get round to buying it. In most stores it was around the 45 quid mark but in Sainsburys it was only 30 quid.
      Good price, my only concern is the back where the barber usually asked if you want it squared or tapered. Still need the missus to do that now and again, unless you are good with mirrors.

Comment

It is utter tripe. I got one for xmas last year. The blade is so far from the actual edge you still end up using the trimmer that comes with it to do the edges and it leaves odd long hairs unless you use it for ages. I found it quicker to go back to my normal hair trimmer and didn't have to dick about with charging the main babylis thing and then farting about with batteries for the included trimmer.

Get a good quality cordless one and get a good cut in one go rather than faffing about for ages and still not having a top cut.

P.s i do a number 2 all over with no gradients or that marlarky and the Babyliss is still crap.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          It is utter tripe. I got one for xmas last year. The blade is so far from the actual edge you still end up using the trimmer that comes with it to do the edges and it leaves odd long hairs unless you use it for ages. I found it quicker to go back to my normal hair trimmer and didn't have to dick about with charging the main babylis thing and then farting about with batteries for the included trimmer.

Get a good quality cordless one and get a good cut in one go rather than faffing about for ages and still not having a top cut.

P.s i do a number 2 all over with no gradients or that marlarky and the Babyliss is still crap.
          Sounds like a piece of tulip, thanks for the warning. I have clippers at home, not cordless though. Ah well the wife will have to keep doing the chore.

Comment

We've got a proper clipper set - my missus whizzes me over with a number two every couple of weeks and it works fine. I go to the barbers once every couple of months for a tidy up when I have a 1 at the back and sides.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

when i was a kid my parents decided to save money on haircuts so purchased from the sunday paper ads what i can only describe as a comb with razor blades in it, you comb your hair and it cut it at the same time, suffice to say i am still scarred from the p!ss taking i got at school about my very bad haircut

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
                when i was a kid my parents decided to save money on haircuts so purchased from the sunday paper ads what i can only describe as a comb with razor blades in it, you comb your hair and it cut it at the same time, suffice to say i am still scarred from the p!ss taking i got at school about my very bad haircut

Comment

Working...
                X