• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gold hits new high

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold hits new high

My attempt at an interesting thread. If this fails I shall resort to bedwetting about the problems in the current contract. Let me know which you prefer (if any)

Linky

The price of gold has hit another record high as investors worry about inflation and Europe's budget troubles.

It hit $1,421 an ounce at 1030 GMT.

The price has now risen by 7% since the US central bank announced last week its plan to inject $600bn (£372bn) into the American economy.

Investors worry this will lead to higher inflation, and are also concerned about the state of the Irish Republic's economy as it tries to cut its budget deficit.

Gold is traditionally seen as a haven for investors at times of economic stress.
    The DOW priced in gold shows that even though is appears to be recovering it has really gone nowhere since the 2009 lows.
    All this QE and currency wars is basically devaluing every currency globally in a beggar thy neighbour approach to try and kick start a protectionist style recovery through exports.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    My attempt at an interesting thread. If this fails I shall resort to bedwetting about the problems in the current contract. Let me know which you prefer (if any)

Linky

The DOW priced in gold shows that even though is appears to be recovering it has really gone nowhere since the 2009 lows.
    All this QE and currency wars is basically devaluing every currency globally in a beggar thy neighbour approach to try and kick start a protectionist style recovery through exports.

Comment

What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

OK so you want the bedwetting one?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          OK so you want the bedwetting one?
          Hang on. Let me Google some more Fail images first.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Hang on. Let me Google some more Fail images first.
            Foogle

Comment

Good thing I bought some Gold shares last week. They up 5% today.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                Good thing I bought some Gold shares last week. They up 5% today.
                Gold shares????
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Gold shares????
                  Gold Ltd. or Gold inc. :-p

Comment

Gold 'R' us. You know, Gordon Brown's company that sold most of its stock 10 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X