• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Telegraph website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Telegraph website

I see they have given it a refresh.

However, seems strange that they have placed the Pictures & Videos section in the lower half of the page when most news sites have been re-designed to give such content more prominence.

e.g. BBC News, CNN

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    I see they have given it a refresh.

However, seems strange that they have placed the Pictures & Videos section in the lower half of the page when most news sites have been re-designed to give such content more prominence.

e.g. BBC News, CNN
    It still looks crappy to me. Dull and dated. Red, black and navy - and small caps serif faces (Georgia) - ugh.

The Guardian does it much better for me, even if the editorial content of the Telegraph is more my cup of tea.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Are they trying to recruit ghastly Guardian types?

Comment

It still mucks up my browser.

For some reason, any page on the Telegraph web site makes my browser lock up while the page is loading. I have found if I wait about a minute, it starts downloading again, and eventually it appears.

But this 're-vamp' has not changed that.

So I will continue to not follow any link to their web site.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Read a few articles over the weekend and, to me, the site now looks like the type of pages that spring up on the web (about whatever is proving popular at the time) designed to generate traffic for Google Ad Words.

Comment

Working...
          X