• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How did You propose ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did You propose ?

Reading about Chefs brilliant plan, in the Yesterday thread,

How did YOU propose ? was it romantic, was it funny, pissed, did the lady propose in a leap year, or was it a spur of the moment.
    was there a shotgun involved.

I'll go first.

I asked Mrs EO if she fancied a weekend up in Gretna Green. She said 'people only go to Gretna for one reason. Yes'
    then I produced a gold band, I had written the elvish runes from LOTTR on a bit of paper and glued them inside the band

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

How did YOU propose ? was it romantic, was it funny, pissed, did the lady propose in a leap year, or was it a spur of the moment.

I'll go first.

I asked Mrs EO if she fancied a weekend up in Gretna Green. She said 'people only go to Gretna for one reason. Yes'
    then I produced a gold band, I had written the elvish runes from LOTTR on a bit of paper and glued them inside the band

You old romantic
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I put the engagement ring in my now wife's Christmas cracker on Christmas Day back in 2008.

Winner!!
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

I'll go first.

You soft git...
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

We flew to Dubai for the engagement ring. I proposed on one knee in the hotel room before we went out to dinner.

Sorted.

Comment

We got left some money via inheritance and we decided that as we didn't need double glazing, block paving etc that we
            might as well get wed.
            We drove to major city, picked the ring together and then decided on a venue for the wedding.

Comment

Riva Degli Schiavoni, on bended knee in the rain and only 1 'ponte' left before we got back to the hotel.

Made her cry.
              Last edited by gingerjedi; 10 November 2010, 10:19.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Down on one knee in the middle of Colchester high street.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Which time? I've 2.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    We got left some money via inheritance and we decided that as we didn't need double glazing, block paving etc that we
                    might as well get wed.
                    We drove to major city, picked the ring together and then decided on a venue for the wedding.
                    Hmmm, double glazing or marriage, you old romantic you.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X