• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cuts to the company budget

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuts to the company budget

EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 1, 2010

NEW OFFICE POLICY

Dress Code:

1) You are advised to come to work dressed according to your salary.

2) If we see you wearing Prada shoes and carrying a Gucci bag, we will assume you are doing well financially and therefore do not need a raise.

3) If you dress poorly, you need to learn to manage your money better, so that you may buy nicer clothes, and therefore you do not need a raise.

4) If you dress just right, you are right where you need to be and therefore you do not need a raise.

Sick Days:
    We will no longer accept a doctor's statement as proof of sickness. If you are able to go to the doctor, you are able to come to work.

Personal Days:
    Each employee will receive 104 personal days a year. They are called Saturdays & Sundays.

Toilet Breaks:
    Entirely too much time is being spent in the toilet. There is now a strict three-minute time limit in the cubicles. At the end of three minutes, an alarm will sound, the toilet paper roll will retract, the stall door will open, and a picture will be taken. After your second offense, your picture will be posted on the company bulletin board under the 'Chronic Offenders' category. Anyone caught smiling in the picture will be sectioned under the company's mental health policy.

Lunch Break:

* Skinny people get 30 minutes for lunch, as they need to eat more, so that they can look healthy.

* Normal size people get 15 minutes for lunch to get a balanced meal to maintain their average figure.

* Chubby people get 5 minutes for lunch, because that's all the time needed to drink a Slim-Fast.

Thank you for your loyalty to our company. We are here to provide a positive employment experience. Therefore, all questions, comments, concerns, complaints, frustrations, irritations, aggravations, insinuations, allegations, accusations, contemplations, consternation and input should be directed elsewhere.

The Management

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 1, 2010

NEW OFFICE POLICY

Dress Code:

1) You are advised to come to work dressed according to your salary.

2) If we see you wearing Prada shoes and carrying a Gucci bag, we will assume you are doing well financially and therefore do not need a raise.

3) If you dress poorly, you need to learn to manage your money better, so that you may buy nicer clothes, and therefore you do not need a raise.

4) If you dress just right, you are right where you need to be and therefore you do not need a raise.

Sick Days:
    We will no longer accept a doctor's statement as proof of sickness. If you are able to go to the doctor, you are able to come to work.

Personal Days:
    Each employee will receive 104 personal days a year. They are called Saturdays & Sundays.

Toilet Breaks:
    Entirely too much time is being spent in the toilet. There is now a strict three-minute time limit in the cubicles. At the end of three minutes, an alarm will sound, the toilet paper roll will retract, the stall door will open, and a picture will be taken. After your second offense, your picture will be posted on the company bulletin board under the 'Chronic Offenders' category. Anyone caught smiling in the picture will be sectioned under the company's mental health policy.

Lunch Break:

* Skinny people get 30 minutes for lunch, as they need to eat more, so that they can look healthy.

* Normal size people get 15 minutes for lunch to get a balanced meal to maintain their average figure.

* Chubby people get 5 minutes for lunch, because that's all the time needed to drink a Slim-Fast.

Thank you for your loyalty to our company. We are here to provide a positive employment experience. Therefore, all questions, comments, concerns, complaints, frustrations, irritations, aggravations, insinuations, allegations, accusations, contemplations, consternation and input should be directed elsewhere.

The Management
    1) Yes, I'm a contractor and I earn enough to not really give a stuff.

2) I do not waste money on crap like that.

3) Don't patronise me. Actually, do patronise me. I don't care. Either way, you pay the invoice.

4) Fine.

Sick days; I am a contractor. I am never sick.

Personal days; I am a contractor. **** off and do something useful, like scheduling my invoice in your bank payments.

Loo breaks; anyone using the word 'toilet' will be shot. Plebs.

Lunch break; Muscular people are allowed 2 hours for consumption of sufficient proteins and carbohydrates, the digestion of which shall be aided by red or white wine, at the discretion of said muscular person.

Thankyou for shutting up and paying.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Has anyone actually worked out whose sockie Wilmslow is?

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
        Has anyone actually worked out whose sockie Wilmslow is?
        <SIGH>
        He's not, he exists and several people on here have met him, and shall be seeing him again on Friday
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
          <SIGH>
          He's not, he exists and several people on here have met him, and shall be seeing him again on Friday
          Will his psycho GF let him out?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
            <SIGH>
            The person writing the posts exists, but the online persona can still be a sockie... are you saying all these stories are real?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
            X