• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT

FFS, signed up for Sky TV - install next Tue, but phone line from them is quoted 3rd Dec, go to BT site and they quote 6th Dec. FFS!!!

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    FFS, signed up for Sky TV - install next Tue, but phone line from them is quoted 3rd Dec, go to BT site and they quote 6th Dec. FFS!!!
    Ha!

Comment

I've probably mentioned this before but I hate BT with a passion. Their call centre drones are by far the stupidest people I've ever had the misfortune to talk to. I avoid them now at all costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
        I've probably mentioned this before but I hate BT with a passion. Their call centre drones are by far the stupidest people I've ever had the misfortune to talk to. I avoid them now at all costs.
        Me too. I have just switched from BT to TalkTalk and saved myself a packet.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Are there phone wires already in the property?

Not that it seems to make much difference. My brother had a major run in with BT back in June. He was moving into a barn conversion near Hereford. No wire, no-mobile or wi-fi coverage.

BT took his broadband and landline order and gave him a date in August. Date came and went.

When he called them (a major feat in itself) they said the order could not be fullfilled as his property wasn't on their database, and therefore didn't exist.

He finally got his line and BB two weeks ago! They did give him a £50 rebate though

Good luck with that AtW!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I did have an American colleague who said he wouldn't stand for that kind of stuff. If he called a provider and they wouldn't do it within a day, he'd just go to somebody else who would.

Ah, but the problem in Britain is that everybody is crap.
            Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Does that mean that there is a dependency on having a phone line if you want Sky TV installed?

Or just that you want a new phone line installed as well as TV, but that they wont come out on two separate occasions to install them - hence having to wait until early December?
              Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
                Does that mean that there is a dependency on having a phone line if you want Sky TV installed?
                TV is Sky's product, but they must be using BT to install lines to provide broadband - I'd go with Telewest but it's like the only house on street (new build?) that ain't got it, ffs

It's least it is very close to exchange so ADSL should be ok ...

Comment

Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post

Or just that you want a new phone line installed as well as TV, but that they wont come out on two separate occasions to install them - hence having to wait until early December?
                  IIRC you have to have a phone line to be able to get sky.

AtW - don't envy you, we had a bit of a nightmare with BT when we moved too but I was like a dog with a bone and wouldn't let it lie. Then when I thought it was all sorted, the ejits tried to charge me for the one off installations that they said would not be charged in the first place. Grrr made me mad!
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    IIRC you have to have a phone line to be able to get sky.
                    Are you saying they'll install TV next week but won't let me use it until phone line that I also ordered from them in the same order but scheduled for 3rd Dec??!

Comment

Working...
                    X