• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Helping Johnny Foreigner

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helping Johnny Foreigner

David Cameron admits tuition fees increase will keep cost to foreign students down - Telegraph

The Coalition’s decision to increase tuition fees by thousands of pounds will help keep down the cost to foreign students of studying in Britain, David Cameron has admitted.

I'm so glad we are doing all we can to ensure:

1. Foreign students can get a better and cheaper education than our own children.
    2. Foreign workers get an easy passage to a job here on an ICT visa, so our own children can be unemployed and deeply in debt.

It's all part of his plan to reduce immigration by making it bigger and not including anyone after the number 20,000 in the figures.

Comment

They expect drop off in home students and the only way to make up for it is to attract more foreign students, increasing fees for them won't exactly help.

He just did not phrase it well.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        They expect drop off in home students and the only way to make up for it is to attract more foreign students, increasing fees for them won't exactly help.

He just did not phrase it well.
        But will they be wanting jobs while they 'study' at some bogus educational institute and to stay when they have finished 'studying', like now?

Comment

Can't we sack the politicians? A ten year pause during which Becky and her son Charley George Ear-basher can be in charge? I can't see them doing much worse tbh
          Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            But will they be wanting jobs while they 'study' at some bogus educational institute and to stay when they have finished 'studying', like now?
            Those who did that usually went for some cheap English language courses, even ex-poly used to cost foreign students £7k+ back 10 years ago when I studied and you pretty much had to prove you've transferred money to the Uni in advance to get visa.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
              Can't we sack the politicians? A ten year pause during which Becky and her son Charley George Ear-basher can be in charge? I can't see them doing much worse tbh
              The more I think about it, the more I like your suggestion.

Charles has more life experience than all the current political party leaders put together and not likely to be inclined to just line his pockets with corporate dosh. Perhaps we should have a modern interregnum: when Betty shuffles off this mortal coil, put a King in charge for a while. It is fairly traditional when we have a Charles as king to experiment with alternative styles of government.

Charles for Prime Minister!

(Do we get to behead the politicians first? Pretty please?)
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                The more I think about it, the more I like your suggestion.

Charles has more life experience than all the current political party leaders put together and not likely to be inclined to just line his pockets with corporate dosh. Perhaps we should have a modern interregnum: when Betty shuffles off this mortal coil, put a King in charge for a while. It is fairly traditional when we have a Charles as king to experiment with alternative styles of government.

Charles for Prime Minister!

(Do we get to behead the politicians first? Pretty please?)
                Plus a monarchy has vested interests in the people, unlike politicians who can make themselves rich by selling us out.

Comment

My son goes to university next year to study physics for three years. Cost in the UK, (currently!), £3500 per year. Cost in Switzerland £700 per year. Perhaps all these British students should study abroad.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    The Coalition’s decision to increase tuition fees by thousands of pounds
                    Question: have they actually decided to put costs up, or have they removed restrictions on universities to charge more? Or both?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X