• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The students are revolting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The students are revolting

Go for it kids!

How refreshing. Civil disobedience under the Tories again. We'll have the firemen on strike next under these numpties.

I'm feeling 20 years younger already today.

"Maggie, Maggie, Maggie. Out! Out! Out!"
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Some strikes would be just enough to tip economy back into recession, cause run on pound - I guess it's the perfect scenario for the strikers as they'd inevitably blame it all on the current Govt conveniently ignoring all those debts and unfunded promises caused by Labour.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Some strikes would be just enough to tip economy back into recession, cause run on pound - I guess it's the perfect scenario for the strikers as they'd inevitably blame it all on the current Govt conveniently ignoring all those debts and unfunded promises caused by Labour.
      Oh FFS, there you go, bringing reality into the topic. You know Alf wears blinkers where the Tories are concerned.

Comment

Students used to protest (rightly or wrongly) against torture or nuclear weapons, whale hunting etc.

Now it takes something that effects them to get all fired up, feck 'em.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Looking back on my student days, I was actually quite revolting too.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            Students used to protest (rightly or wrongly) against torture or nuclear weapons, whale hunting etc.

Now it takes something that effects them to get all fired up, feck 'em.
            That's hardly fair. Can I assume that like myself you benefitted from free higher education? Investing in the future via funding higher education with public money is surely one of the best uses of tax payer money? The government could have chosen to increase funding for higher education, but instead chose to increase spending on security etc 'to stop the terrorists'.

Comment

Originally posted by StopTheEarthIwantToGetOff View Post
              That's hardly fair. Can I assume that like myself you benefitted from free higher education? Investing in the future via funding higher education with public money is surely one of the best uses of tax payer money? The government could have chosen to increase funding for higher education, but instead chose to increase spending on security etc 'to stop the terrorists'.
              Yep, so did I. I studied geography, which gave me taxpayer funded field trips to such beautiful places as the Antrim coast, Sorrento and Porto.

I wouldn't want to deny that to young people now, and I'm not going to pretend that 'in my day we had to work hard for our qualifications'. We didn't. We were pissed a lot of the time, often on a beach.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Again it's a case of out of touch millionaire Tory Cabinet ministers assuming that the "norm" is that Daddy pays for your University education and that you can therefore buy your way in to your University of choice.

Another sad example of everything in life being reduced down to the level of economic units. The reason for India's strength in the IT area is because they have invested heavily in it.
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                  Again it's a case of out of touch millionaire Tory Cabinet ministers assuming that the "norm" is that Daddy pays for your University education and that you can therefore buy your way in to your University of choice.

Another sad example of everything in life being reduced down to the level of economic units. The reason for India's strength in the IT area is because they have invested heavily in it.
                  Well said sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

Another sad example of everything in life being reduced down to the level of economic units.
                    The reason for India's strength in the IT area is because they have cheated in their exams and reduced their degrees to nothing more than fit to wipe your arse with. That and the fact that they're cheap.

A false economy.

Comment

Working...
                    X