• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First night away from family :-(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First night away from family :-(

As I have previously states I am now 10 months into contracting and now into my second role. This one is 60 miles away but I have managed to commute until today. A 2 hour monday morning commute (due to like 6 accidents) and another 2 hours stuck on the M55 (trailer jackknive) in the morning today as well as bad rush hour traffic on the way back have taken it out of me this week.

So I will be staying in the De Vere in Blackpool. Will be watching United Vs City in the lounge though.

Crack a couple off on the net curtains.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      As I have previously states I am now 10 months into contracting and now into my second role. This one is 60 miles away but I have managed to commute until today. A 2 hour monday morning commute (due to like 6 accidents) and another 2 hours stuck on the M55 (trailer jackknive) in the morning today as well as bad rush hour traffic on the way back have taken it out of me this week.

So I will be staying in the De Vere in Blackpool. Will be watching United Vs City in the lounge though.
      Dependent on the role, for a sixty miler I would probably drive some days and stay over others pulling a couple of late days/evenings, then heading back early on Friday. I'm on a 90 mile round trip at the mo but it's taking 45-60 each way max.

I think some of the others who stay away do this.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Dependent on the role, for a sixty miler I would probably drive some days and stay over others pulling a couple of late days/evenings, then heading back early on Friday. I'm on a 90 mile round trip at the mo but it's taking 45-60 each way max.

I think some of the others who stay away do this.
        I assume your not from the South East then as that would take at least triple the time.

Comment

I assume your not from the South East then as that would take at least triple the time.
          Fleet to Southampton.

Yeah, I cannot believe it either!

Comment

I used to commute ~60 miles each way, daily from M25 junction 27 to junction 16. Three hours on the road per day, on average. That's about the max I'd do. When the journey was 110 minutes each way, I stayed overnight 3 times a week.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

1 night away. The footy's on. The bar is open. Sorry dude, fail to see the problem. They're all sprawled out on the sofa at home munching takeout pizza and putting their feet on the coffee table.

Get drunk, enjoy the footie and give them an extra big hug tomorrow.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                1 night away. The footy's on. The bar is open. Sorry dude, fail to see the problem. They're all sprawled out on the sofa at home munching takeout pizza and putting their feet on the coffee table.

Get drunk, enjoy the footie and give them an extra big hug tomorrow.
                Or act like Wayne Rooney and get in touch with www.grabagranny.com

Comment

De Vere as in Herons Reach? Can't find anything cheaper than that in Blackpool? I know the place is full of skanky B&B's but a bit of research could find a nice cheap quiet one just off the beaten track and have place to yourself?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I stop over on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, it gives me a break from the 5.30am starts and 8pm finishes.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X