• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

A classic interview question!

I see myself managing my elite group of devs in my plush offices after my plan b went from strength to strength!

OR

Doing the same stuff I am doing now, but with a slightly healthier bank balance.

OR

Scrambling through the post apocalyptic ruins trying to find a rat to eat (2012 and all that!)

Originally posted by Contractor
    I am a fu<kin contractor! in 5 years I will be long gone. FFS don't ask me trite permie questions!
    is the correct answer.

and if its a permie role -
    Originally posted by Potential Permie wage slave
    FFS can't you think of a decent question of your own?
    possibly!
    Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
    Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Nobody here is interviewing you for a job wod, nobody here would want to. Be a good chap and answer the question.

In 5 years I wouldn't mind having saved enough to buy a house outright. From a standing start of zero savings a year ago, that would be quite sweet.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Nobody here is interviewing you for a job wod, nobody here would want to. Be a good chap and answer the question.

In 5 years I wouldn't mind having saved enough to buy a house outright. From a standing start of zero savings a year ago, that would be quite sweet.
        In five years time I see myself looking back and regretting that I didn't slap you.
        Jim is a Jedi! - Dara

Comment

Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
          In five years time I see myself looking back and regretting that I didn't slap you.
          <cracks open a beer>

who's got the Doritos?

Comment

It should be one of those questions that (like health) are legally not allowed to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
              You're really going to dwell on every tiny slight for 5 years? What are you, my wife?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                You're really going to dwell on every tiny slight for 5 years? What are you, my wife?
                No you are right. In five years time I will have forgotten your very existence.
                In fact probably 5 months weeks OK sod it minutes
                Jim is a Jedi! - Dara

Comment

Originally posted by StopTheEarthIwantToGetOff View Post
                  A classic interview question!

I see myself managing my elite group of devs in my plush offices after my plan b went from strength to strength!

OR

Doing the same stuff I am doing now, but with a slightly healthier bank balance.

OR

Scrambling through the post apocalyptic ruins trying to find a rat to eat (2012 and all that!)
                  Was asked the same question for my current 6 month gig, my reply in 6 months I will be leaving the UK. Wish I followed through with "..and you are paying the remainder of the funds I need"

Comment

Originally posted by configman View Post
                    Was asked the same question for my current 6 month gig, my reply in 6 months I will be leaving the UK. Wish I followed through with "..and you are paying the remainder of the funds I need"
                    The answer is.

Director.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X