• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I can't get my head round this

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't get my head round this

For a bloke who is driven by cost control, free enterprise and cutting through bullsh1t and red tape, why on earth does Lord Suralan support the Labour party?

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    For a bloke who is driven by cost control, free enterprise and cutting through bullsh1t and red tape, why on earth does Lord Suralan support the Labour party?
    Errr dunno nothing stands out
    Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
    Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Big fish in a thick pond syndrome? He's a somebody in the Labour pond.

Comment

Amstrad CEO resigns over Sir Sugar's emailer obsession ? The Register

I'm surprised Sur Alun didn't get fired over this.
        Last edited by Spacecadet; 10 November 2010, 23:52.
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          With any luck he does it to annoy pathetic thrusting aspirant no-hoper Tories who misguidedly think Tories cut taxes (just as one example) when they clearly do not.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            With any luck he does it to annoy pathetic thrusting aspirant no-hoper Tories who misguidedly think Tories cut taxes (just as one example) when they clearly do not.
            Not raising taxes massively (like Labour would have done) is the same as cutting them.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Not raising taxes massively (like Labour would have done) is the same as cutting them.

HTH
              Hilarious - I was talking about history not your made-up version of what you think would have happened - why the flip do you think Labour would have increased taxes any more than the Tories have/are going to ? Certainly not on the experience of history, that much is certain.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                why the flip do you think Labour would have increased taxes any more than the Tories have/are going to ?
                Read their manifesto retard - Laboour says deficit will be reduced mainly by tax raises and in the second place by spending cuts, the Tories and Lib Dems said the other way around. It would not have been a big deal had it not been for deficit running so high thanks to Nu Liebor debts.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  Amstrad CEO resigns over Sir Sugar's emailer obsession ? The Register

I'm surprised Sur Alun didn't get fired over this.
                  That article is 9 years old.

To put the device into perspective, I got broadband 6 months later.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    Big fish in a thick pond syndrome? He's a somebody in the Labour pond.
                    and the whole Labour-Meeja love-in got him his own telly show.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X