• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody Agents keeping it all quiet.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody Agents keeping it all quiet.

I have an interview in two hours. For a client to whom I do not know their name or what they do. I have a rough idea where they are(within a ten mile radius)

I have no job specification. I have no details apart from it's application X and reporting platform Y.

I haven't used X for four years, so do not know the version or modules they are using.

I do not know who is phoning me and what they do, apart from it's two people.

They have not put my rate forward which was 33% more than they told the agency. They have also not given the client my CV!!!!

I get the feeling I'm just padding out someones interview schedule and about to look a right sasguru.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Progressive or Hoaxley?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

How long is your interview, contract, terminated, benched cycle these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Progressive or Hoaxley?

Don't even. I ignore both of them with a passion, the ignorance on the other side of the phone really winds me up.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I thought you started a new contract last week?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Don't even. I ignore both of them with a passion, the ignorance on the other side of the phone really winds me up.
            I need 30 minutes at least to prepare for the interview as I need to review the module documentation they are using. I still have nothing and I'm in a meeting for an hour before.

Bloody stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              I thought you started a new contract last week?
              I did. This one and my last client are happy to use consultancy days so I get to choose my times.

This one also wants a piece of the consultancy action, so it would be three clients on the go.

I never turn down interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                I have an interview in two hours. For a client to whom I do not know their name or what they do. I have a rough idea where they are(within a ten mile radius)

I have no job specification. I have no details apart from it's application X and reporting platform Y.

I haven't used X for four years, so do not know the version or modules they are using.

I do not know who is phoning me and what they do, apart from it's two people.

They have not put my rate forward which was 33% more than they told the agency. They have also not given the client my CV!!!!

I get the feeling I'm just padding out someones interview schedule and about to look a right sasguru.
                Why have you accepted the interview? I think I'd refuse, the first question I'm going to ask is "so what company are you from"!
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Why have you accepted the interview? I think I'd refuse, the first question I'm going to ask is "so what company are you from"!
                  It's an agency that used to bring me in work from time to time. I didn't use them for 3 years as I was perm. Thought it would be a good idea to keep them sweet when they rang. Wish I hadn't bothered now.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    How long is your interview, contract, terminated, benched cycle these days?
                    Less time than it takes to boil a prawn.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X